Otoyomegatari

Dex-chan lover
@TheWanderer567
Smith Arc left a bad taste, but it was the right taste. Happened the way it should happen.
@Faeldrin
The stepfather only wants her lands and animal, if Smith was clear about taking her with him and her forfeiting her possessions for someone else, problem solved. There's a lot of way this could be done, but a new husband just handing her for him on a plate, it's disappointing. Even more when I think that he would have to put some thought on this and this mere idea gets in conflict with his "idealistic academic endeavor" on just registering and preserving their culture and place, he would have to decide to "intervene" or not.
Disappointing... disappointing...
I'm very suspicious that this will end in tragedy anyway.

About chapter #70, I can't believe that those steppe people used to make "kotatsus".

Tileke finally meeting an eagle was adorable! :D I still fear a bit for Talas and Mr Smith though...

@DanYHKim In regards to Amira's name, Amira is the feminine version of the Arabic name Amir. Mori writes her name in katakana as "Amiru" which would imply it is meant to be Amir. I think early on the translator assumed it was meant to be Amira, but when the official English release had her name as Amir instead, I think I remember duratrans saying they were going to go with that too. So the tldr is that her name should probably be Amira, but it seems like Mori intended it to be Amir and that's what the official English release uses. I think there is a similar problem with Anis /Anisa too.
Also the Talas thing, her name in Japanese is spelt out "Tarasu" but I think no one's sure what real name that is actually meant to be, so again some more confusion!

Dex-chan lover
I cried after reading chapter 71, chapter 69 was good but it felt something was missing, now after 71 that feeling is no longer there, so happy for them.

Very happy to see a new chapter of a real favourite of mine. Thanks, Duralumin, for continuing to bring us this great manga. And yes...pleased about the unexpected twist in the Smith/Tarasu arc.

Contributor
Why thanks Continuity Carl, i didnt remeber very well! But now i do!?

This clearly is a masterpiece.
There's no other way to describe it. The pacing is top-notch. The story is refreshing to say the least. The art, marvelous.

Each chapter is a delicacy.

Dex-chan lover
for everyone who is enjoying this manga, i really recommend "Emma" by the same author. you'll love it if you like Victorian settings and maids

@owlette Thanks, the truth is, i'm interested in other works from this author and was planning on checking them.

Dex-chan lover
good read, just be ready to skip a bunch of shitty arcs that involve nothing of the MCs.

If you skip these trash arcs / chapters then this is an excellent read.

Just hope that Mr. Smith's promise to never leave her alone will come true.

I'm sorry for Karluk and his family but my favorite characters are Mr. "Sniff" and Pariya. It's somehow much more entertaining to watch how they are doing, basically because they seem to be struggling compared to Deus Ex Machina Amir&Karluks Grandmother or in comparison with Anis and her husband.

What's kinda strange is that although they claim to be Muslims, we don't really see much of what we find in the ahadith.
I mean I really enjoy how the author focuses on the tribal culture and community life, but it seems strange that Islam seems to be only a small portion of their life[although we know from the five pillars that in fact Islam influences your daily life big times(especially since eating e.g. hares is "haram" and yet they hunt and eat them)].

Dex-chan lover
@kronix To me all the chapters were nice to read. What are the trash arcs/chapters you are talking about ? (in spoiler tag, just in case)

Users who are viewing this thread