Otoyomegatari

Group Leader
Well... there is the Anis-Shirin-...whatever their husband's name was, which is arguably harem, even if most of his appearances are basically him shuffling onstage, listening to Shirin say something, and shuffling right back off again... but I think that's the only poly relationship shown on-screen so far. Harem-esque relationships do definitely exist and are common to some degree though, as Shirin-husband discusses that with Smith back in the c40s, as up to four being nothing unusual, and how more recently in c83 A-S are surprised at Talas saying six husbands, with the emphasis on the 'husbands' part, not the 'six'. But yeah, tag really doesn't belong.

In other news, here's a photo of Karluk that just showed up in the news. (No really, it's a Mongolian kid with a hunting eagle in a fuzzy hat and embroidered clothes from a photography contest. Get rid of the shoes and it'd be perfect.)
40-1st-portrait-mona-jumaan_custom-d31200c5f8da07275bd2c77f3dcdb68270efe1a9-s1300-c85.jpg

Thank you for your hard work, Duralumin.

Through these years I've really enjoyed this manga and other Kaoru Mori's series. It's been a pleasant journey indeed.

I wish you all the best.

Sincerely,
Lunarinko

Thank you for your hard work these past six years! Sad to see you go, but this story has already brought me much joy. I hope everyone has enjoyed the fruits of your and the author's labor as much as I have.

C4l

Thank you for these past six years, Duralumin!

You've consistently given us amazingly high quality tl work, and I'll miss your Bride Story translation, but I support the decision you're making, even if it kinda sucks, haha. Time to find out what else you've been working on!

Double-page supporter
Sad to see this translator go but if you love this series you should really purchase it when you can.

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for all the effort you've put in these past six years Duralumin! I have all the volumes available right now, but I love getting the sneak peeks that your chapters provide. Best of luck in all your future endeavors!

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for all your work I have enjoyed A bride’s story for many years. 😃

Group Leader
Cheers duralumin, I've been slowly picking up the gorgeous hardcover releases but now you're incentivising me to pick up the pace! Thanks for all your work over these years.

I applaud your decision. I've been reading your translations and have enjoyed them very much. Just so you know, I do own everything Kaoru Mori has released in English and pre-order everything I find out about. The look ahead you gave me only made me more ravenous for the next volume to come in the mail. Incidentally, you did such a fine job that at times, I thought YOU were the translation they were printing. ^.~

Thanks for your work until now.
Some facts about piracy of cultural stuff and whatever:
Most people really like to support financially their preferred author, musician, etc. They will buy or donate even if they can get it for free
Anyone who like books can tell you de diference of reading a luxury hard cover book and a digital copy, it is a world apart.
Japanese is not a easy language that a lot of foreign people learn, so If there are no scanlators there will be no Yen press
A free scanlation give a explosive increase in the number of people who know an author work and the number of people who will like it, some will buy the Japanese copies even if they can read it.
Publisher say you are hurting the author but it is a lie, if you are in the mood you can find a lot of research articles about it.
People at the cultural world are really hysterical (adults are hysterical about changes in general), you can see it at the music world. When the microfone was invented they said it will destroy the singers job, it was the same with vinyls, cassette tape, Napster and so on. What you see today is that singers were really poor some decades ago and today they are multimillionaires

Foolish scanlator. If i hadn't read his fan translation i would have never bought the volumes in bulk when i saw them at the store. Even now, if no new scanlation becomes available, i am likely to lose interest in keeping up with the story and volumes and simply follow other manga. Just speaking from experience.

You can't put internet scanlation culture back in the box once it's opened. Manga companies will adapt or die out.

Dex-chan lover
Still can't find this series at a reasonable price in my area, so I've been depending on this

Ach!

Thank you for the years of translations. It's sad to see it dropped, but I understand the sentiment in wanting to support the author.

Tangentially, I've purchased several physical volumes myself years back when I was still collecting. With that said, and not knowing the pricing relative to Japan, the cost of even a digital copy seems excessive. I say this regarding this particular series but also others like it. I want to get behind more authors, but I couldn't read a fraction of the manga I do now if dropping $10 on a digital volume was necessary.

Services like Viz are mediocre and target a specific audience. The conveinience and accessibility of fan translations is unparalled to any official option. It really feels like a scenario akin to Steam and tackling piracy. This is before you even get into other aspects like the speed of scanlators compared to official releases and wuality of translations which are admittedly more peripheral.

My point being, official releases just aren't all that worth it and morality isn't going to make me drop the hundreds of manga I'm reading. Publishers need to do better and offer more value. Just my two cents of course.

Users who are viewing this thread