Ougon no Keikenchi

The WN was pretty good, quite a fan of it actually. It's still quite unfortunate that the TL team have some problems IRL causing the translations to stop around a year ago.
Anyways the manga's art was pretty good and it really captured what happened from chapter 1-5 of the WN.

Seems like it's going to be a good manga. Maybe i should read the novel after exams.

Hoping for the LN to get Translated soon because i am enjoying the WN so far, will leave this series for awhile and come back until it gets a bit more popularity and chapters..

Hoping for the LN to get Translated soon because i am enjoying the WN so far, will leave this series for awhile and come back until it gets a bit more popularity and chapters..
Yeah same, and I also hope they keep the same hardcover for it cause it looks clean as hell

Dex-chan lover
Since there are only positive reviews above and the manga is pretty decent thus far, here's a critical review after reading a few volumes into the novel. Good concept and evil lead, lackluster execution since what you see in the early manga is the whole deal. There's not much seasoning between the sadistic serial killer mentality and overpower. Golden Experience is accessible, consistent without failing or triumphing in any aspect, and sadistic. It has spectacle. There's minimal moral or character complexity. Rare is compellingly cruel and gets excellent designs. Her personality is simple. That's everything. It's boring.

There's no internal questioning or weight to permanently killing NPCs repeatedly described as seeming perfectly conscious, and portrayed as conscious POVs. The lifelike sensations of player killing are a given. It's a like a violent movie that uses VR as an excuse to pretend it's not sadism, which is probably fine but feels weak and disengenuous to me. Immature even. It's the dealbreaker. On the upside, the only major triggers are genocide and dehumanization. I liked the undead supporting character, you may not.

I like that it's becoming more mainstream to have stories about brutal female combatants, especially villainous ones, so it's not like I resent Golden Experience. It's an easy read considering the subject matter and can pull more fans. I don't recommend it over similar works though.

Last edited:
Imo this is executed like any other manga of this type and it's a shame. Feels like it's rushed, she unlocked a lot of broken skills with only 300 experience. She's gathering powerful monsters really quickly. There's no depth in this for now. The good point tho it's that it's a female lead who isn't cringe, and it's original, I might keep reading it.

It seems power fantasies these days are trying to differentiate themselves by how the MC becomes OP. Honestly, I'd rather have MCs earn their power and watch them grow over time, but those are rare (no pun intended.)
As for this one, the artwork is decent, and the translation is approachable, so I'll keep reading, but it's a 6 out of 10 on the MD scale for me.

I find it hilarious how most videogame anime/manga fail to capture the mindsets and attitudes of gamers. While frustrations, anger, and fear are present to some extent, there's always the understanding that it's not something terribly serious or life threatening.

Users who are viewing this thread