Overgeared - Ch. 3

Group Leader
Awesome, and with this art quality~

giphy.gif

Thank you very much for the translation~

😉

Fed-Kun's army
I love the art but I'm still confused about the importance of the game in real life. Mostly, I love stories like "solo leveling" where classes and fighting monsters are directly connected to real life and failing in a dungeon means a catastrophe in real life. I don't like stories where the "game world" doesn't affect real life at all but I might still stick around to read this one just because of the art

Double-page supporter
@Akera93

The real world doesn't become fantasy-like like you're wanting, but they do heavily affect each other. Grid starts out as a worthless, money-obsessed little shit who is utterly hateful, spiteful, and stupid (I think they've skipped over his numerous deaths to bunnies and shit). Though they seem to be glossing over his innate toxicity in this adaptation, thankfully. It's so bad that there was a toxicity warning on the novel. BUT. Grid is perhaps the character who shows the most steady positive character development I've ever seen as he goes from a have-not to what Satisfy ends up making him. (He starts getting better around chapter 90-120 in the novel, and it's all uphill from there.) Novel's one of the most popular I've ever seen, and these days everyone has nothing but love and praise for it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Akera93 Same problem for me, I guess i will watch this a bit, but while i am fully fine with "game mechanics" it dislike if it is literally a game and therefore no one can really die, where is the suspense if failing doesnt mean death :/ well, lets see how this one will deal with that problem :D

Double-page supporter
3 months for one quest? Talk about persistance...

Dex-chan lover
"He is an unefficient user, so there shouldnt be anything to worry about."

Bruh you just red flagged your game.

Dex-chan lover
i guess thi manhwa just told me that being tenacious and having an addiction wasn't that different

So bashing your head against a wall until it eventually breaks does work, huh

Anyways, i'm hoping they stay true to the novel and show his little sh!t-ness in all his (toxic) glory

Dex-chan lover
"Each level is 10 stat points, the -1 means he'll have 20 more than everyone else when he gets back to 1!"

So leveling down didn't lose him stat points; it had no real consequences? Just presumably lowers his next level xp requirement and effectively hides his real level? Wouldn't every player be trying to down level as much as possible, then?

Makes no sense.

Talking about 2 level stat difference as if it's something big, when game has 350+ levels lul

@Phlame

a 20 stat difference is a giant thing, especially late game lol. Those 350 levels stacked on those 2 levels that seem insignificant is the difference between a normal 780 STR player and a 800 STR player of the same level. Just means you can have that much more effects lol, like the difference between fetching water with a tap and fetching water with a small hosepipe

Dex-chan lover
Yeah no, 2 extra levels out of 350+ is fuck all. In 99.9% of all games that kinda 'small advantage' would matter near not at all. See nothing to indicate this 'game' would be different.

Double-page supporter
@Swift

As stated, the level deduction does not normally get included as a quest failure penalty for anyone level 10 or below, so there is no realistic way to level down to below 0 by repeated failure. However, he accepted this quest with a level -2 penalty on failure presumably either at or before level 73 (his stated level as a warrior) and then had his level reset to 1 due to his legendary class change, a rare occurrence in and of itself. That coincidence sent his level into the negatives.

In order to reproduce this negative level condition one would have to uncover another legendary class change event (which are quite limited in number and normally very difficult to fulfil the conditions for), get the class in the process, and then also fail a quest they had already taken right after they drop to level 1. Without some really unfortunate circumstances this is unlikely to happen, as you wouldn't actually realize that your level can even go negative in the first place unless this exact situation had already happened to you, and people rarely fail quests on purpose.

With that said 20 stat points is really not much in the extreme long run. Certainly doesn't hurt to have a bit more stats but once you account for things like high-rarity equipment, titles, or other non-standard stat increasing mechanisms you wouldn't really even notice 20 extra points beyond level 300...

"Is Tenacity is his greatest asset" says the game-publisher to himself as the Addict decides to throw his meagre earnings at his game.
I came here for escapism, not gritty realism.

"Can't it be called inevitability?" No, dummy. It's called FAILED CODING! lol. negative levels. good one.

Users who are viewing this thread