Overlord - Vol. 15 Ch. 61

@darkalpha me too man, at first I really liked the idea of the novel, but then he just became an evil being with dumb reasons to be evil, some even hypocritical like here when he talks shit about the workers "invading" the tomb, but he forgets how he and his friends also had to "invade" the dungeon to creat the tomb of nazarack

@darkalpha the fact that he performs the "evil" you talk about is the reason overlord is my favorite series of all time
he is a methodical villain, though only a villain in the eyes of the people of this world. To himself, he is simply protecting his friends children and wellbeing, preparing against any and all possibilities of attack or danger.
Also, heres the order of better quality: LN(BY FAR)> Manga > Anime, which is why I find it funny when people criticize without even reading the source material.
I'd much rather have this MC that blurs the line between good and evil, than some dumb cuck like the dude from re:zero, cringe ass series.

Dex-chan lover
Oh no it’s this arc...looking forward to it!
@Caclea Hey man Subaru’s a decent MC no need to bash a series after praising another. But I do agree that this arc’s great as personally I felt like this arc did what the Lizardman arc was set to do but better with its portrayal of Ainz as a gray character with how he treats foresight since even though Ainz’s motives are understandable, you also feel for the people of foresight & specifically Archie with a good chunk of the novel providing character moments and motives of the group like they’re the MCs of the story. Thank you for tuning into my Ted talk

If only Foresight had answered Momon's question, their fate might change for the better.

Dex-chan lover
So it begins...

@elizeu I mean, I see a clear difference here. Anything he did to create Nazarick in the first place, was a game. He's now...there for real. With tangible value and in a survival of the fittest world. Now he has to contend with what is effectively an army of bandits about to plunder and savage the one thing in the world that he values, namely the great tomb of nazarick and its floor guardians, I think I would be furious too. He even goes on to ask them why they are doing this, as if to infer they may be pressured into it. It's only after they say it's purely for money does he steel his resolve for the future. As far as this arc and what happens to
Arche, it's sad to be sure. It's not like he knew the intimate details of her life, or the absolute level of desperation she was in. Only we do, which is what makes the impact of her situation feel all the worse. Had her party not accidentally stepped on a landmine by lying to Ains about his former comrades, they may have been able to secure her freedom at the least. It's not a guarantee but it's certainly a hell of a lot more likely than it was.

I don't think I would say he's ever done something "evil" for a stupid reason. He merely doesn't value human life inherently like he used to. I mean, he's not human anymore, and the fact that he constantly has to deal with the lich debuff that dulls his emotional state towards neutrality definitely allows him to act more coldheartedly to situations.

I stopped reading the novel after this arc, made me see how much he changed.

kinda disappointed that momon and the old man didn't have a stand off like in the novel. was really looking forward to it

disappointed to see that the stand off between the old man and momon never happened. really enjoyed that part of the novel

Aggregator gang
i recon the standoff comes later on, they wouldn'T leave out such a scene (prolly after the emperor met ainz)

Users who are viewing this thread