Overlord - Vol. 15 Ch. 61

Dex-chan lover
There are some very important omissions from the novels.

- The old mustache guy has a duel with Momon to test his strenght. Old mustachio start with all his special moves and combos but Momon dodges with barely any foot movement. Old Mustachio throws the duel before Momon can counter attack.
- Foresight team notices that there is no moss on the walls, nor there is grass growing near them so they theorize that the tomb is being occupied by inteligent beings, specifically peaceful settlers from the recently burned villages around that region. Then they agree to kill anyone they find and later label them as bandits.
- The elf abuser doesn't even try to start a duel with Momon and feeling his fragile masculinity endangered he has erectile disfunction during the trip so he is unable to rape his elven slaves.

Cool times

Aggregator gang
I've seen this on anime. Yet because of monthly release, the manga seem moving so slow.

Dex-chan lover
Translators should place a trigger warning before the next chapter if we get to the part of foresight's fate.
Not that any of us here who've watched the anime and read the LN really need a warning.

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Double-page supporter
The progress is slow... but at least they're putting the time into the pages.

Double-page supporter
this is what made me stop reading this the author really shouldnt of made the readers decide what happens to her, so much better in the wn

Dex-chan lover
this part make you hate the setting because the throwaway characters got enough background that you feel bad about their fate...

like, in a mass battle or skirmish between armies, we can still say all those soldiers got their own circumstances and stories, but since we don't know the specifics, we can just gloss their death over.

In a way the same applies to IRL situation in peaceful countries, citizens just seeing about countries torn apart by war or refugees on the news or whatnot. Ignorance is simply bliss in these cases.

Feels bad man.

Edit: oh, one thing I forgot to ask, why workers instead of mercenaries? is this based on localized or just translator decision?

Dex-chan lover
I have all the localized LNs and have probably watched the anime, I don't know, maybe 30 times? But the way Maruyama
gets you so invested in the side characters of this series, then just slices their hopes to pieces and kills them, is just ruthless. And amazing. And I can't stop reading it. The Swords of Darkness was one thing, I mean, damn Ninya's death was brutal, but poor Arche. And her sisters especially.

Dex-chan lover
So according to the comments, the manga is based on the LN like the anime was?
Because she got the 'carrot' in the WN. A carrot long enough that she couldn't unbend.

@no168_92 "this part make you hate the setting because the throwaway characters got enough background that you feel bad about their fate..."

well that was the point , it's to make us rethink about the main characters , and see them from another perpective

Are-We-The-Baddies-758x426.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread