Oversimplified SCP - Ch. 122 - SCP-458

Fed-Kun's army
4999 is the 'original Death', an angel that helps people crossing peacefully to the afterlife.

Dex-chan lover
@Ryomi 4999 doesn't have a favorite pizza, 4999 shared in the dying person's favorite pizza that she loved to share with her late lover. 4999 was comforting her with a beloved food.

Dex-chan lover
I do wonder what kind of pizza I would end up getting. I do like a lot of pizzas.

Dex-chan lover
@cheekibreeki SCP-4999 appears to those who are very close to death, and are alone. I haven't read this report, but it seems like the D-class was forced into a situation where there was nobody nearby, so 4999 would inevitably appear in his presence.

@ALLxISxLOST That does confuse me though. Generally, D-class personnel have their memories prior to their service erased, then they are only used for around a month before they are terminated. She managed to get with someone within that month, have her memories from prior(which is baffling), have been there a lot longer than one month, or 4999 is able to bring back some relevant memories for the sake of comforting a person dying.

Double-page supporter
Oh god dammit that last one was actually sad. Still one of my favorite SCPs.

Double-page supporter
@ZeroWWE I remember this one from back in the three-digits-only days, and no, I'm pretty sure it was always proper pizza. Unless someone tried changing it at one point, which isn't really how the community tends to do things. If so, it's been reverted since.

Dex-chan lover
I guess they just left the pizza box besides the D-class then? Else there shouldn't be a way for 4999 to manifest, unless they went against their own containment procedures for the test of a safe-class object without always-present malicious effects from being used.

And my bet about why the pizza relates to something the D-class shouldn't remember, my bet is on what others have said and 4999 just materialized the pizza without relation to the present state of the D-class' memories.

Group Leader
SCP-4999 is still one of my favorites SCP. The other are SCP-2295 and SCP-999.

A bit of fun trivia about this SCP, from the mainsite

You know, back when the O5s starting cracking down on gratuitous cross testing and general shenanigans they were even going to forbid staff from using the Pizza Box, but pretty much all Site-19 threatened to go on strike so they had to back off. For some people, that Pizza Box is the only reason they’re still with the Foundation

Users who are viewing this thread