Oversimplified SCP - Ch. 49 - SCP-971

Fed-Kun's army
I like to think this is some Mcdonolds type resteraunt in hell and a demon in full fast food uniform takes peoples orders and another set of demons go out and retrieves the ingredients, cooks the food, and 1 delivers.

I mean this is just a human fantasy tbh.. Who tf doesn't want something like this?

Dex-chan lover
LMAO all these comments about wanting to use it is EXACTLY why the SCP fucking sealed it.

Also yeah it’s safe to contain and leave alone as long as nobody uses it. It doesn’t actively seek out to kill animals unless used.

IMO, the metaphor in the story is how globalization, best represented by world-wide fast food chains, has only ever hurt various ecosystems around the world to better serve human needs and wants. It's a nice twist to the usual vision of ecological damage caused by human activity : order meat = hurt an endangered species immediately, not later or through some deep indirect causality.
Could also be about how consuming meat, no matter how tasty or nice looking, implies hurting (and usually killing) animals*, but I think the previous explanation fits better since only endangered species are targeted by the SCP.

Just thought I'd lay that out there since no talked about what could be the theme of this SCP yet.

* Although lab grown meat exists, and is already being sold in Singapore

Users who are viewing this thread