Oversimplified SCP - Ch. 67 - SCP-447

Group Leader
I think it's probably the boring zombie plague, based on the clue. If it's makes everything better, what makes a dead body better than making it alive? And yes REDACTED is more fitting because it's more scary.

But redacted information without a clue that point out what the redacted information is, is just lazy writing I guess. (But not on this particular SCP ofc)

Dex-chan lover
Don't be sorry for Dr clef. He was probably already going to kill them with something stupid he does for fun. The scientists just got to have fun at his expense before he did it now.

Dex-chan lover
The whole joke is your imagination trying to figure out what's so bad about it tied into the fact that it's actually a super useful and helpful SCP...that you can never really use just because the chances of it touching a dead body at SOME point is so high.

Sometimes less is more. The experiment log is one of the funniest logs on the site because of how they explain away every useful thing it does.

The truth is it doesn't actually matter what it does or if the writer knows when he wrote it.

Why is it that when I saw "Never ever let it contact dead bodies" did I immediately think of Zombies and Reanimation?

Is it because Im creatively inept to think of anything else that could terrify a living person with a dead body?
or is it because there isn't anything else that could make a living person become terrified of a corpse aside from Zombies?

Seriously what else exists that can make people freak out over a corpse other than the thing that made them a corpse to begin with?

Fed-Kun's army
Wait. What if the warning isn’t actually a warning, and it simply means that it CAN’T come into contact with a dead body? Like, it bends the laws of probability so that no matter how hard you try, it simply won’t come into contact with a dead body?

Given how easy it is to access the goo, and how easy it is to get a dead body, it seems weird that they wouldn’t keep it at the Keter level permanently.

Contributor
Date: ██/██/████
Test Subject: Dr. A. Clef

Procedure: Dr. A. Clef was ambushed in the hallway, dragged into a room with a bathtub full of SCP-447-2, and immersed for approximately 25 seconds.

Results: Subject became irate, and threatened to kill staff members carrying out the experiment if it were not for the fact that doing so would violate experimental protocol.

Notes: "As soon as this mess is cleaned up you will all be missed." - D

I like it like this better.

But yeah, it improves stuff and it's one of the gag skips.

Dex-chan lover
I always had SCP-447 as the source of SCP-682 in my head-canon. Got some of the slime on a dead body and BAM immortal murder lizard. I'd understand why they are so adamant about not letting it happen again.

Wait so if someone is seen trying to make it come into contact with a dead body, you're just supposed to speed up the process by killing the person holding the slime?

Dex-chan lover
Dr. Bright is not allowed to take a super-soaker full of SCP-447-2 into a morgue.

I like to think it becomes something eldrich like The Blob if it contacts dead bodies

I love simple ones like these. Safe and really useful in most contexts, UTTERLY TERRIFYING IN THAT ONE SITUATION!

Its a good mix.

Dex-chan lover
@Callidus somebody before you did mention it

Lmao I love this one. The list of tests they did is LONG and every single one of them got rejected. Because inevitably, it will come into contact with a dead body.

Also aww yeah my man Clef finally shows up (in the open)

Just need Kondraki and Light and Crow to show up

Group Leader
Just noticed on my second read Satan walking around with his fiddle.

Users who are viewing this thread