Oversimplified SCP - Ch. 67 - SCP-447

Dex-chan lover
"Too bad some swimmers are careless and turn into dead bodies." That's the best way I've ever heard someone talk about people drowning to death! Lmao!

On the wiki, saying womething does [DATA EXPUNGED] is generally considered a cop-out done by hacks. This is the major excpetion to that rule.
What does the green goo do with dead bodies? You’ll have to ask the article author, and he said he’ll take that secret to his grave.
But the point of this SCP isn’t to dismiss it as “It’s zombies, isn’t it”. The point is the wonder, is the speculation — what could it do?

A section of Experiment Log 447 A says that the bottle of the green slime, when refined 1:1 in SCP-914, produced a dead body. From this, we can somewhat assume that bringing the slime into contact with a dead body creates more slime. Probably, by creating a sort of slime monster that tries to make more dead bodies and "reproduce". Would somewhat explain why it becomes a Keter class SCP when it's exposed to a dead body.

@jazck

No, it's not an exception the way it's done here. Sure, leaving things to imagination is a fine goal, but you have to feed imagination something. A competent writer would have given hints besides the [DATA EXPUNGED], such as the consequences of a containment breach, the state of the place the item was discovered, fucking anything. As it stands, this SCP just excises the dangerous part completely and leaves only the safe part to actually matter, the dead body element being more of a punchline than anything else.

This is a case of applying narrative theory without actually thinking it through.

@IJustMadeThisToComment you can check wiki for more detail but manga show. basically, it improve performance of anything . human eat/drink feel healthy and refesh. machine(excel thing get damage by liquid) performance much better and reduce most damage/corrosive. liquid was purified or much more affective

Dex-chan lover
Oh this scip.
I don't like this one. It has always felt like a lazy effort to me.

Dex-chan lover
As I understand it, the purpose of this SCP is to, on a meta level, make any and all future submitted "it's normally fine, but don't let it touch a dead body!" SCPs redundant, since that's an easy, low-creativity cliche.

So it's intentionally unimaginative. The point is to fill up that role.

I don't know if that's even a smart idea or not, but it's one of the older SCPs so getting rid of it would probably be more trouble than what it is worth.

Dex-chan lover
My favorite theory is the scientist in charge of this SCP just had an intense phobia of corpses and made the stipulation up.

So this SCP makes everything better, though what aspects of an object it improves are a bit arbitrary. So taking that into consideration, what could it improve about a dead body that would make it so dangerous? Does it enhance the "body" part, while not fully fixing the dead part, which basically leads to a standard zombie scenario?
Or maybe, does it enhance the "death" aspect instead? What does improved death look like? What are the possible consequences of a better, more efficient death?

Safe? Do correct me if I'm wrong, isn't safe supposed to be when it'd be fine if you leave it contained alone? This slimeball requires constant care of its liquid it's producing and can't be left alone.

Aggregator gang
@natural-log since It does not move, don't try to escape or anything it's safe. The goo is collected to be used, they could just put It on a large tank forget about It and years later It would still be there.
I like the theory that in contact with dead body It turns into a slime monster.

The Noodle Incident is something from the past that is sometimes referred to but never explained, with the implication that it's just too ludicrous for words - or perhaps too offensive for depiction - and the reality that any explanation would fall short of audience expectations.

What's better? a boring zombie plague, some horrifying goo monster or a mystery you can never solve? How about it inducing self spreading necrophilia or cannibalism when on a corpse? Those ideas pale insignificant when compared to the unknown.

Was the scp styled REDACTED cop out lame? Sure, but would you be happier having it be concrete? The only reason this scp became so popular was the mystery that surrounds it.

Would an explanation or a follow up ever live up to the hype that a noodle incident of this scale produces?

Users who are viewing this thread