Oversimplified SCP - Ch. 71 - SCP-708

Contributor
How exactly is this a Euclid? Just put it in a windowless room.

@xyzzy mind control power is the reason. if you let it and someone accidently see it for 20s you have a contain break event

Dex-chan lover
@xyzzy
Maybe?
220.png

Dex-chan lover
It's basically the forklift from Halo Reach

hqdefault.jpg

Every time I encountered that thing in the campaign I had to get into it and give it a spin, even if it was Legendary difficulty

Dex-chan lover
Isn't it just enough to tranquilize the people driving it?
I don't see why deadly force is required when they're still just normal people driving a seemingly normal forklift.

Dex-chan lover
Apart from not requiring fuel, it sounds like a normal forklift to me.

This should definitely be safe, not Euclid. You can literally just throw a sheet over it and lock it in a room and the problem is solved because it won't try to escape itself. Considering that classifications are supposed to be on how easy it is to contain, this is about as easy as it gets.

Dex-chan lover
>violent people in a forklift
Truly the greatest threat to mankind imaginable. Anyone who disagrees needs to (re)watch Gabelstaplerfahrer Klaus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yta70t1cJdo

@FrozenH2O
The theory that it requires regular "feeding" of enthusiasm is what makes it euclid

@Gustbk

I had the same question. Also are the needs of the driver fulfilled? Do they not need to urinate, defecate, sleep, drink, and/or eat?

@Gustbk

According to the source:

It has also been recently noted that the vehicle itself does not offer any restraint to the driver besides the driver's own resistance towards leaving the vehicle. Despite the related exhaustion, drivers cannot be removed from SCP-708 without the use of deadly force. All forms of tranquilizer have failed on drivers, presumably due to the amount of adrenaline produced by the driver's body. Attempts to remove the driver by multiple assistants have failed completely, resulting in termination being considered the only option to remove the driver from SCP-708. To date, ██ test subjects have been terminated due to testing.

Users who are viewing this thread