Pages in long strip mode partly overlap each other

Since (or after) the time you've tested to use ads on this website, I've encountered a problem in which the pages/images in long strip mode overlap each other. How much they overlap depends on the zoom. The more you zoom in, the more they overlap. To counter this issue I'm currently zooming out so the pages don't overlap. In some cases, the "default zoom" is just right so that there's no overlap. But that's not the case in most cases.
It's especially severe when very big pages have been uploaded.
I'm using Safari 13.1 on macOS Catalina 10.15.4

It would be great if you could correct this issue in the near future.

Best regards

Supporter
@Eti2d Have you checked your computer and browser settings? If everything is normal then maybe it's a compatibility thing with iOS because with my computer, android phone, and kindle fire (all using stock browser + chrome + opera, +Firefox on PC), nothing is wrong when I zoom-in or out.

@Yatsuki I don't encounter this problem on Chrome. It's a Safari specific problem. Maybe it started to occur after the recent update of Safari. But unfortunately, I can't tell you if this issue started to appear right after that. So it might have also occurred because of a change on this website.

Supporter
@Eti2d I think it is likely a compatibility issue with Safari then, some websites do better with certain browser. Take ao3 for example, a website with no advertisements and literally is mainly text (fanfiction), so very similar to MD but much lighter. For some reasons, Chrome mobile keeps freezing for a few seconds or even crashes when reading long fanfic with more than 30k words on that website, meanwhile Opera and Firefox don't have any problems.

So yeah might be worth reporting this problem to Safari devs too.

I was having the same problem since the MD server transfer. On the right hand side bar, click settings and then display advanced setting. You will maximum pixel size, I changed it to 800 and it seems much normal now. I hope it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread