Pandora Hearts - Vol. 24 Ch. 104

Dex-chan lover
@Nikfire somewhat. A large chunk of the cast is gone, so I'd qualify it as a bittersweet. However, there was a perfect run ending that Oz glimpsed (so we got 2 endings so to speak).

Double-page supporter
This really is one of my favorite manga of all time. It's also of the first ones I began to follow when it came out.

I don‘t know if this ending is happy or sad, every time I read it I fall into tears.
These last chapters were so sad, watching the characters die one by one and Gilbert getting lonely again.
Also Leo I feel really sad for him, when I met Leo and Elliot I knew I would like them and I did but Elliot dying and Leo in that way is so sad even trough he is not sad anymore about his master.
I don‘t have words for Break‘s death, I think we all knew he was going to die soon but it was so fast.
And even watching Jack passing away was sad. Oscar was the best father Oz, Gil and Ada could have and nobody can deny it.
I wish Rufus Barma could have got married with Sheryl.
Vincent was the last one dying and, it is so sad seeing him to pass away, on his final words we could see that he finally did something for him and not used someone else as an excuse but he died in the hands of his brother.
I feel bad about Ada, when Gilbert was saying that he has seen people that he loved pass away one by one, she was alone.
Also Sharon marrying Reim was a surprise.
I wonder how much time Gilbert has left, if Vincent died and he was his younger brother he may have not so much time left or maybe yes.
Thank you so much for this translation.
Also happy Birthday Leo (25/10/2020)

Dex-chan lover
Thank you, my favourite series of all time.

Seeing her house I noticed that Ada lives a commoner life, that mean after this mess Vessalius house lose his grace (and I think Zai is death too). The only house that keep their status is Burma and Rainsworth, its understanding because these two is the one who dissuade the chaos.
Meanwhile the Baskervilles get to their rightful place again, to be the guardian of the abyss and the only house who still has a contractor, but their relationship to the abyss now is slightly different.

But who cares about that, at last in the end the one who left behind lead a happy life, and thats why this is very much a happy ending :)

THIS IS DEFINITELY MY TOP 1 ANIME/MANGA!!!! I JUST CANT! THE STORY IS SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL! I'LL NEVER FIND ANOTHER STORY/MANGA LIKE THIS ONE T ^ T

TO BE HONEST MY HEART IS REALLLLYYY ACHING RIGHT NOW (IM DEAD SERIOUS) AND I FEEL SO EMPTY (U KNOW THAT FEELING WHEN U FINISHED A GOOD MANGA AND WHAT'S MORE A SAD ONE!!!)

AND ALSO.....BREAKKKK!!!!!! MY BOIIII T____T HE'S MY FAVE CHAR IN THE SERIES EVER SINCE HE FIRST SHOWED UP QwQ IM REALLY HAPPY THAT OZ GOT TO SEE A GLIMPSE OF THE OTHER WORLD WHERE THEY ARE ALL ALIVE AND HAPPY :'>

IM REALLY OUT OF WORDS....THIS IS JUST TOO BEAUTIFUL....IM ALSO SAD THAT IT'S FINISHED....ANYWAYS IM OUTTA HERE....I'LL JUST CONTINUE BAWLING MY EYES OUT AT THE CORNER FOR A MONTH...OR EVEN FOREVER!

My no.1 favourite manga, seriously the most beautiful story I've ever read, and the part where everyone was having a tea party just broke my heart about how it was only a dream that could never comr tue

Fed-Kun's army
Wow that was JUST SO AMAZING!!!! I am in shock and tears. This is a masterpiece of a manga. Will read again someday, and experience this gem again.. its so beautiful pretty much #1

Double-page supporter
The end of the journey
while it is not so happy ending, it is not bad ending either
Alas, not seeing Oz and Alice incarnate in the end did leave a bad aftertaste in my mouth huhu, well at least they did complete the 100 years cycle (gilbert really waited 100 years OwO, I wonder how little time he have left)
The dream of the unending tea party at the beginning of the chapter is really sad, I almost thought that with the power of the Abyss they did something and Oz managed to host a tea party after that as they initially planned T_T, a dream that would never come true :(

Also as @Nunally pointed below, it seems that Ada is living a commoner life, indicating the fall of the Vessalius, however I guess the panel is too small to make a judgement but given the fact that Zai and Oscar died without appointing anyone as the next head, and thate the dukedom system was revoked i think that's a possibility (and Gilbert is at the grave where Oz found the watch for the 1st time, does that means it was under the care of Baskervilles or simply abandoned?)
Must be lonely for Gilbert

Damn Barma never marry the love of his life huh
Also congratulation Sharon and Liam/Reim on their wedding

Some of my unanswered question is
1- remember when Leo remembers that he wrote Lacie but Elliot claimed that he's the writer, is that because of past Glen's memory or what?
2- Who are the Juror? and what are the endless story and their branches?
at 1st I thought that they are absolutely unnecessary to the plot, but then I realized that they are important as without them, the child of misfortune won't be explained and Lacie won't be cast into the Abyss in the first place, so Kudos to Jun Mochizuki sensei, he almost literally explained everything
3- the abyss was actually golden, but when exactly did it turned pitch black?
my best guess is when the core of the abyss obtained a body (Alyss body- fuck you blond glen) and turned into the Will of the abyss, which is why the Baskervilles wanted to obtain it and destroy it in order to restore the Abyss
4- Why did Alice and Oz need to die at the end?
Is it because Oz formed a contract with the will of the Abyss? os is it because that Alyss is disappearing, and Alice souls is connected to Alyss, and Oz's existence connects to Alice (as he's born from Alice - theoretically speaking) so when Alyss disappears, Alice will too and so is oz? ahh nvm
5- When Break asked Oz "Where are you?" for the second time, what did Oz replied? I triple checked the chapter and nope there's definitely no dialogue box there

anyway glad that i didn't read this when i found it yeaaaaars ago after finishing the anime, don't think that my 2011 self can handle this

Hope all the still living characters lead a happy life after that

One of the best manga I've ever read, the writing, the twists, the characters' development, the art and everything about it is a solid 10/10
been long since I enjoyed a manga like this

MERRY UNBIRTHDAY TO ALL!

fcSDDwR.png

Dex-chan lover
@killua_15 I can answer some:
1. Because of Humpty Dumpty which basically a past Glen bodies, its for the purpose to hide the fact that Leo is the next Glen.
2. Its not really explained, but they kinda like Marvel and DC multiverse godlike beings.
3. yup, it start from white Alice negative emotions, but because time have no purpose in the abbys (basically the past, present, and future can mix together), we cant know for sure when its tainted.
4. I think its because their physical bodies already dead in the last clash and its just their spirit who talk in the end (well Alice dont have a body from the start and just a spirit preserved in black rabbit body, so the only living body there is Jack (Oz) body).

I am glad you enjoyed this :) and thanks to give this series a chance, the anime cant get this series justice after all.

Double-page supporter
@Nunally thanks for the answers, appreciated it (it always bugs me why Mangadex didn't use Disqus platform for commenting)
especially the 4th answer, that makes a lot of sense

it still bugs me that we didn't know Oz's answer when Break asked him "where are you?" for the second time.

And yes this manga definitely deserves an anime reboot!!! also the original anime OSTs were great!

I AM FULL OF TEARS NOW😭😭😭 what a masterpiece manga, the ending is beauty and sad at the same time, that tea party scene is really make me crybaby, so bittersweet🥺😭 thankyou very very much for the translation

Users who are viewing this thread