Panlong

Damn im actually hyped i litterally reread this last week
Welp read 2 Chapters hype is over.

the novel this is based on is one of the classic works of the modern wuxia/xianxia literature it includes just about every trope and stereotype.
it is literaly a definition of junkfood in the cultivation novel category
and while it was the first novel i read and
i still fondly remember it from time to time its none the less trash especialy after they get their sparks when it becomes repetitive without even trying to hide it.

so thats the novel now cut the quality by about 1/3 to 1/2 because of the inherent differences between novel and mahnwa
and thats about what you have here
also stellar transformations and desolate era are both sequels to this?
"one if these things just doesn't belong here"
edit: iet is also notorious for being a junk food author
its mostly nothing bad just a flavor that you will have to like. the problem is whether or not you still like it when you have already enjoyed 400 chapters worth (~400 was always my critical number for iet either it carried mr through to the ending or not)

i really hoped they would end this failed project on season 1 and wedding....

season 1 was already rushed af skipping large portions of novel and how we just jump directly into prison escapees arc...

Dex-chan lover
@RoadRunner9000 Peerless Martial God is probably also just junkfood, but it still is my favorite novel. Not a big fan of the mahnwa after reading the novel, but it was the reason why I read the novel and how I started reading wuxia/xianxia stuff. I just like the MC in the story.

I've read the novel for this series, year ago mind you, and this adaption pales in comparison. In the novel the story is far better explained, as is the cultivation system they are following. Fundamentally this is what the Cultivation system is:

Battle Qi + Physical body + some spiritual power (soul) => Warrior path
Mageforce + Spiritual power + some physical training => Magi path

Both are rather static accumulation, but go from rank 1-9. At rank 9 you must comprehend impose with a sufficient foundation to breakthrough to saint level. Impose is essentially imposing your internal energies (battle qi or mageforce) onto the outside world. Deflecting rain, walking on water, freezing your opponent...or at Saint stage the ability to fly.

After Impose stage, you must comprehend the Natural Laws or Edicts. Now then the Laws are Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Lightning, Darkness, and Light. The Edicts are Death, Life, Destruction, and Fate. Each can be divided up into Mysteries which comprise a part of the full Law. For example, the Law of earth has 6 mysteries and the Law of wind has 9. Some have a different number, but each mystery also is not equal (low, med, and high). Mastering any single mystery is enough to allow you ascend to demi-god stage. There is a cheat or short cut however, absorbing a divine spark. This will heavily limit your talent and future prospects... thought it can allow a saint to quickly reach highgod stage.

Upon reaching demigod stage you can make a elemental clone of whatever elements you succeeded with. The clone will then walk the path of [Insert Element] while the base Saint body can attempt to walk another path, trying to reach demigod in another Law. Same process, you reach demigod in another Law and you create another clone. In theory you can have 12 bodies: 1 Saint Level, and 11 bodies representing each Law and Edict.

From Demigod stage, To reach full godstage you must master half the mysteries of a Law/Edict or Fuse 2. Each mystery is a part of a whole so naturally they can be fused. A fusion of mysteries represents a huge increase in power, but i'll get there later. From Full god stage you must master all mysteries to reach highgod stage. Let me establish that strength wise each god level is roughly 10x difference in power and soul. The same 10x increase in power can be established by fusing 2 mysteries, however this is very difficult.

Among highgods the number of fused mysteries determines strength. 4 fused (based on a 6 fused scale) are considered true experts, 3 gives one high standing, 2 makes u an above average highgod, and finally 1 makes u a base highgod. Those who have master 5 or reached the "Commander" level are rare talents who tend to have great power and influence. They rule a territory in the higher realms, serve a sovereign, or perhaps are a high elder/leader of a powerful clan. fusing 6 out of 6 makes you a highgod paragon, a legendary being who obtains will.

Highgod paragons are the pinnacle of the the highgod stage, using their will they can amplify the power of there attacks by another stage on top of the additional fused mystery. The difference between 5 fused and 6 is 100x or more. Just as they are powerful, they are exceedingly rare. Will is not unique to paragons, a sovereign's will is far above a paragon. However a sovereign can only be born by obtaining a sovereign spark and a high god who reached that stage on their own fusing it. Naturally, a water sovereign spark for a water highgod etc. Their will is unique to the spark, if a sovereign clone dies the will all but disappears (some remains, but very little).

They are divided into low, intermediate, and high (chief) sovereigns. There a 7 for each law of edict making 77 total, with there being 3 low, 2 intermediate, and 1 high sovereign each. They more or less rule over the cosmos... however after so many grand kalpas many have lost interest in battling of fighting each other. Spoken simply the only thing that tempts them... are overgod artifacts. Unique tools that appear very rarely, and only if.... there is a reason for them to appear.

@Zayser Agreed, were you a reader on Wuxiaworld as well? The novel was so good I cried for a bit when it was finished and when the old man died

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

As someone that has read all of the novels I can tell you almost definitely that desolate era is not in the same universe as Coiling Dragon and Stellar Transformations

Season 1 of this series left out a lot of filler and some character development, but it was still a cohesive story. I wish some more character development were retained from the novel. That said, I appreciate the author respecting my time by delivering a tighter, more condensed version of the novel. It saved me from skimming through a dozen chapters just to get to a single chapter with plot development. Season 2 goes way too far in tightening up the plot.

I think whoever is behind this series is trying to kill it in season 2. The chapters in season 2 are less than half the length of those from season 1. Despite their shorter length, each chapter in season 2 tries to cover as much content as a chapter in season 1. Because of this, the story is leaving out too much context that is important to the plot. Things just happen with no explanation. Everything is disjointed, and nothing makes sense.

I wasn't planning on dropping this series, but the second season isn't doing the novel justice.

Man the second season suuuuuucks, if anyone is contemplating reading it, just stop at the end of the first season.

Users who are viewing this thread