Parallel Paradise - Vol. 5 Ch. 49 - Scream / Dream

Dex-chan lover
@Arcenciel: Groups drop series when another group picks it up mainly for two reasons: they don't see any logic in doing the same work twice, or because of their ego. Note that the first argument does not apply here since chapters were skipped.
Also note that none of this excuses the bitching a la "but it's muh birthday" or "I am entitled to nag".

Dex-chan lover
Drama as always. The guy said from the very beginning he had no intention picking up the series and this was just practice. It's one thing to be cordial and not interrupt another groups work, but remember neither group has actual rights to translating more than anyone else. I can appreciate translation groups not racing each other, but there's no reason a group should feel pressured unless the quality of their translations was poor enough that anyone else would be better. That hasn't been the case the Hyakuro and they've been extremely consistent with releases in both quality and timeliness. There's no need to for them to feel threatened or that they'll be edged out here. I just hope they don't burn themselves out now trying to catch up now.

@criver The reasons for dropping is irrelevant. Sniping causes groups to drop. That's a negative to everyone. If the sniper has superior tranalatioms, and a commitment to see the series to it's end, i wouldn't mind. However, if hyaka ends up dropping this as a direct result of being sniped, i would be very upset with the sniper, no matter what hyaka's reasons were.

@ironclad No reason to feel pressure? Sure there is. A lot of casual readers will read whatever comes out first. Releasing 2nd will mean a lot lesser people reasing your scanlate. That's the whole reason why scanlators scanlate; they want as many people as possible to enjoy their work. Having low readership is discouraging.

Dex-chan lover
Wtf is this drama. It seems wherever criver goes, the drama follows him lol
It's a waste of time arguing with this guy, you guys will learn soon enough ?

Dex-chan lover
@Arcenciel I strongly disagree. Even the most inept reader will notice a drastic change in typesetting, cleaning, syntax, honorifics, and over all tone of translation. If not then like I said before, the quality of the other groups release is on par, and then we have a real discussion. Is this new group significantly more timely with their releases, maybe they should be the go to then. If they're in all regards equal and committed to finishing the series, then maybe they should be encouraged to focus their talents on a more neglected series in need of such skilled translators.

It's just silly to think that a fan translation group has any real claim to a series though.

Dex-chan lover
@Arcenciel: But it is relevant. If somebody drops something over his ego that's on him. It doesn't make any sense to blame Cricked, especially considering his notes, if anything he has been overly nice in this matter. Sure it's a negative if this is dropped, but it's not a reason to bitch. The new TL isn't stepping out of line in any sense. As already mentioned no translator has any claims over this series. You can be upset with him but you shouldn't try to shame him into dropping it, just because you're afraid that Hyaka would drop this.
Also there's nothing wrong with readers reading what comes out first, it simply means they don't care that much about quality and that should be totally fine. You shouldn't try to artificially make them read any specific release by bitching till the other TL drops it. What's been going in this thread has been nothing short of shameful. We get it, you have the right to a preference for a specific group, but that doesn't make anybody entitled to bitch.

@loki266: Implying I am the main reason for the drama... Did I call you out on some bs you said, so you feel the need to whine about it in another thread? Talk about salty.

Dex-chan lover
@criver Hahaha, for what I could see, yes, you're the center of the storm right now. And I'm not whining, I'm just warning people to not waste their time trying lecturing you (like I did and I'm ashamed of myself for even trying). And thank you for replying my comment like a "real adult" would and showing them what I meant in my earlier comment ?

Dex-chan lover
@loki266:
You got me dude, I am both Cricked and Hyaka and I do this all for the drama. /s Lay of the kush will you?
What exactly did you expect was gonna happen if you hijack a thread to start talking shit about me? My reply was more than adequate to your trashtalk, if anything I didn't say enough. Now be so polite to gtfo of here since it seems like you don't have anything to contribute to this discussion, the issue seems to be personal in your case. I am not even sure who you are and why you're being salty, so if you have any personal issues with me you can both dm me or @criver at the appropriate place. Don't go hijacking threads over your obsession with me.

Fed-Kun's army
@loki266
Your kind i know, you have no place in a forum where names are used. you give off the impression of someone who was badly burned and now became a stalker for the sake of revange, and as such only generate empathy for the person you are tying to hurt. my advice- prove him stupid by showing his mistakes, if you can. or waiting for another oppurtunity, because everyone make mistakes eventually.

Dex-chan lover
@neorasp the f--k you're talking about. This is not about revenge. I had an argue with him in the past, I gave up trying to explain things to him, COINCIDENTALLY I saw dozens of comments on a manga chapter that I follow and when I decide to quench my curiosity, surprise surprise, it's the "Mr. I'm always correct and stfu". Stalking him? I have better things to do, dude. I don't waste my time with people like him anymore, huge mistake I've ever made in this website. I was just warning people to not waste their time with this guy, because it's not worth it. But if you guys must insist, be happy then. You'll not me see interacting with this person ever again hahahaha

Btw, you give off the impression of being some kind of yes-man, but that's just my opinion, so don't take it too seriously. Peace

Users who are viewing this thread