Pashiri na Boku to Koisuru Banchou-san - Vol. 3 Ch. 25

Double-page supporter
@Ubergeek I know right. It's bloody obvious from the very beginning and yet all these homophobes can't help but get their panties in a bunch, with some classic "would you gays don't mind pretending you don't exist?" for good measure.

Reactions: V67
@givemersspls Perhaps I was too harsh on him. But in all honesty, you can't get into that position and state of mind without something being wrong with you in the first place. He has decent looks and seems to be sensible, but his entire life he never stood up for himself. Bullies don't just pick at random(well, mayby they poke at random, but they wont latch onto people with a spine), he has been targeted by everyone bc the very essence of his character is that of one who would just accept it. So a wimp for sure.

Mentally incompetent, well, I personally believe the above is grounds for that, but your right that it has little to do with his relationship problem. I believe there are a few instances where it should be rather obvious she likes him, but I guess I can accept that considering the past he has from his wimpy personality, it is reasonable that he concluded otherwise.
That said, considering his personality, the he never stood up for himself, and the fact he thinks of himself as trash(or at least that he thinks others view him as such), I cannot see him ever making a move on bancho or realizing that she is making terrible attempts at flirting with him.

But I guess, if I broaden my view a little more, perhaps we have 3 people who can fix this situation. Her brother seems reasonable. Perhaps he will fix her way of speech. Unlikely though. Miss lesbian friend in love with bancho. She wouldn't be as useful as the other girl, but at the least, she could talk to bancho and him about what the other has said (probably, not sure how much of the conversation she heard). If she gives up on bancho and accepts her friends feelings, we have a chance of getting a good matchmaker. Then we have the useless friend we already talked about who is watching this misunderstanding while gleefully eating popcorn and imagining her bf in the shower.

I still don't think there has been any quantifiable changed in their relationship to count as progress other than him realizing his own feelings(1 point) (and giving up on them, still haven't seen him decide to do anything about it). Which to me is less progress than accepting/deciding to do something about your own feelings(1 point), and the one you love finding out about them(1 point). I say lesbians win 2 to 1. (I am not counting the character development, since it hasn't really changed the relationship from my perspective. Realizing his own feelings is the only thing I see that affects the relationship)

That said, I suppose someone who has not been in a relationship since 3rd grade doesn't really have the right to judge these matters. But by god, I have nothing better to do, so I will be the scorekeeper dammit!

Dex-chan lover
@Akemua Ah, yes. Please continue being upset that gay people exist in a fictional story and imply that somehow we’re the snowflakes here. It’s very amusing.

@Narehate - Ah, yes. Please continue to NOT read the entire comment, take it out of context and get triggered over peoples opinions. It's okay, winter is here and you might survive long enough to catch yourself for being a hypocrite.

Dex-chan lover
@Akemua fUcK yOuR dIvErsItY

Imagine typing this out unironically and not seeing how fucking cringe that is. You sound like an edgy teenager. That's why I'm making fun of you, loser.

Contributor
TFW you're reading cancerous YouTube comments here on MD. Seriously.

I support the LGBT community, though I gravitate more towards m/f pairings when I read manga. But it won't kill us to acknowledge that other people prefer something else due to different life experiences. Why go as far as to say "fuck your diversity"? If you feel that strongly about the development, skip the scenes or drop the series altogether, then move on to the next title.

Dex-chan lover
So the author ended the chapter with a (possible) misunderstanding. Impossible to see that kind of thing happening on this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Does she have tears in her eyes on the last page? Hard to tell, but I kinda hope that she heard enough of it so that there is no misunderstanding

@Narehate - Imagine calling someone edgy for a comment they made, in effect bitching about their comment and triggered about their opinion, but yet too dumb to realize they are being edgy themselves and a hypocritical snowflake. Ya, fuck your diversity. I don't go into a burger joint, order my burger and get told I need to buy a chicken sandwhich as well because other people like it and if I don't like that, I should shut up and leave.

The irony in all you lgbt, yuri, yaoi fruitcake dorks, is that if we took something like https://mangadex.org/title/15329/yagate-kimi-ni-naru and then made entire chapters and arcs dedicated to a "straight romance" in effect completely overshadowing the yuri romance you went there to read, you would be like " sure, I don't have a problem with side-character "straight" romance, but I came here for the yuri". Which is what Isaid in my comment. But, no, of course not, lets only focus on the part where I said "fuck diversity". What I should have said is "fuck forced diversity." Where something that was written, designed, created whatever, goes out of it's way to "include" minorite's representation because a small group of people (less then 1% of the total population of America) are apart of.

So, here we are again, snowflakes getting pissed about a comment that explicitly said they do NOT care if there is a lesbian romance in it, but wanted it to not FOCUS on that aspect because that's not the reason we started to read this in the first place.

Dex-chan lover
@akemua

You sound really upset dude. You sure you’re alright?

It’s a fucking side story involving side characters. A lot of romances end up including romantic subplots between supporting characters. It’s not a new thing and certainly not worth getting upset about if it literally has only had 2 out of 26 chapters of spotlight so far. A bit too early to be complaining about a shift in focus.

Also I can guarantee you shit like this isn’t being included because MUH DIVERSITY. That shit’s mostly in western media. Japan doesn’t give a shit about diversity quotas or being inclusive or other trash, and Yuri elements like these are typically introduced to pander to male readers, not the LGBT crowd.

@Narehate - I'm clearly okay. Are you sure you are? Not not only are you triggered, you sound like you might need help calming down. Go eat a snickers. Lmfao. Long ass paragraphs incoming, sorry about that. It just kind ended up that way trying to explain myself.

And, was I complaining? I literally said: "hah, hopefully it doesn't actually focus on the lesbos. Don't care that it has yuri in it, but that shouldn't be the focus of it ever" because the focus should be the main couple at all times. Even if it wasn't about them being lesbians I would have said that because, again, we didn't come here for them, but the main couple. There shouldn't be more spotlight on the side characters then the main couple, ever. That doesn't mean we can't have some bits with them, which I CLEARLY stated, but it should be in the background and not get entire chapters and FOCUS, which is also what I said. Yes, what I said hasn't happened yet, which is why I said hopefully it DOESN'T do that. Quit getting so triggered over everything someone says to the point you fail to even understand what they said in the first place.

And, ya, Japan for the most part really doesn't care. They do care, (media, etc )and it's there, but nowhere near that of America, I will agree with you on that. I will also even agree with you that this panders (which, lol, is what "forced" diversity is. But I didn't say that at all, nope) to male's and women that LIKE yuri. It happens all the time in stories that include BL elements as well, not just yuri. In fact, it's usually worse when BL is involved. I will even concede that this is just a market ploy to get some extra income (readers) by pandering to another target audience. But here is the thing, and the number one reason why I found you hilarious, why should I, and other people like the pandering? Why are we not allowed to say something about it? Why should we just sit in the back and not give our opinions because what we say might offend and trigger others because it's something they like?

The irony is, I know for a damn fact, you have gone out of your way to say something because there was something you didn't like (for whatever reason) and it was something YOU had an issue with/didn't like that other people did and just simply wanted to state your opinion. The irony of this whole debacle is that, what you are complaining to me about doing, you yourself have literally just done. Which is why I called you a hypocrite. Did I need to include the "fuck diversity" bit? No, I didn't. But when you see similar (I agree in this case it's not that big of a deal) shit happening everywhere you look, and it's almost always about some political bullshit, and this goes on for what is at this point years, you start to see that connection everywhere even if it really wasn't about that.

I mean seriously, think about it, how many times have you gone onto a manga/anime/games where there is zero romance, zero "love" involved and some fruitcake starts saying this guy would be so hot paired with this other guy, or this would be better with some hot lesbian love because yuri makes everything better, traps are gods gift etc etc. If you haven't seen that then either your lucky, or you don't care which basically means you can't see the reason why I would say "fuck diversity" in the first place. Look at Battlefield V's bullshit. They pandered to women and feminists and even changed history (that they claimed to be accurate) to include more women in the story, even though it's based on WW2. They even straight up changed a particular actual real-life scenario that involved ONLY men, and changed it to that of a women and her daughter. And, if you say it's just a game/fiction, then we're done here because that means you shouldn't be reading fiction in the first place. The reason why this all happened? MUH DIVERSITY as you so eloquently put it. So, yes, I will say it again, fuck your (forced) diversity.

Dex-chan lover
@Akemua Jesus, is it just your thing to paint everyone who disagrees with you a "triggered SJW snowflake insert buzzword here]?" I'm not exactly being any more toxic than you are here, my dude. Moreover when did I ever say it was something you had to like? I just think it's not a big deal worth saying something exaggerated like "fuck your diversity." I don't even disagree with you. Forced diversity/diversity quotas are stupid as shit. I don't feel like being this aggressive about it is exactly the right way to respond to it though, so I find that overly aggressive phrase amusing.

Again, I just called you edgy because "fuck your diversity" sounds like something an edgy teenager says. That's all. You don't need to go several long-ass paragraphs explaining why you hate it.

@Narehate - No, it's not my thing to paint anyone that disagrees with me an SJW. Again,hypocritical of you to say that but your first words are literally to call someone edgy and a loser. Right, mmkay. Derp a derp I ain't seen nuffin. Just for good measure, I never insinuated (let alone actually said it) that you said it was something I had to like. If I did, then that wasn't my intent. Since, that was my whole purpose in saying not everyone likes yuri and yet it gets pandered to them... My entire issue with this, remember?

Hah, I was going to respond further but, I'm pretty tired of it and I'm sure you are as well. I'm glad that you can at least understand my annoyance with "forced" diversity not withstanding the other shit talk you just had throw in at the end for me attempting to explain to you "why" I said it but whatever. Have a good night and peace.

Fed-Kun's army
Is Yuri couple in het romcom really a trend? I'm honestly surprised, I thought there won't anything more than hints.

Dex-chan lover
Oh wow. There's always been a "those two girls" thing in stories, but this might be the first time I've seen this actually take it in exactly the direction it seems to imply.

That was a nice heart-to-heart between the two mostly sane characters (by the way, good job realizing it wasn't Matsuri's phone from the wallpaper, Unoki). I feel like she could've just told Unoki that they're dating, but eh, I'll let it slide.
I'm more concerned about what's probably going to be another big misunderstanding in the works.

I honestly never felt bothered by this manga's pace and developments-or apparent lack thereof. To each their own, but when I read this manga, I feel a strong sense of continuity where everything that happens reasonably leads into the next one and all the characters (minus Matsuri) act fairly logically, given their established perspectives of the world.

homosexuality-isnt-right-5a870156520ad.jpeg

Dex-chan lover
I'm... quite disappointed to see so many bad reactions about this chapter, especially the "fuck your diversity" thing. The side characters have a love story, what do we care if it's a heterosexual or homosexual one?! It's not like it's forced or it's coming out of nowhere, we got foreshadowing of that since the first Yutaka flashback. What is the problem here?! A love story is a love story, there is nothing creepy or problematic with this one.

Seriously, I hate when people try to force diversity in a story, but I hate even more when people cry about any gay couple or minority they see without trying to see if it's coherent with the story or if it's forced at all.

And I'm agreeing with @Wordsmith , my only problem here is the psycho lesbian trope with Tatsumi.

Anyway, all that that aside, nice chapter, I hope things will go well for Yutaka, but, yeah, we're going the misunderstanding route again and it's quite annoying.

Double-page supporter
@Kiraidesu
500x500.jpg

The yuri seems pretty irrelevant. best case for the yuri fans is they get together worst case author goes the Nozoki Ana route

Dex-chan lover
Everyone is talking about a new yuri development but everyone also forgot that Matsuri exists

Also, kewl a debate

Dex-chan lover
I read the entire argument, it seemed like the debate already died down. Oh man... it's more fun when people are emotionally-invested...

Guys, what can I say to trigger those two?

Users who are viewing this thread