Past Lives of the Thunder God

Group Leader
HELLO Everyone,

I'm happy to say that Alpha Scans will be picking up this series, so no sniping, please! You can join our discord to get updated when new chapters release here. https://discord.gg/BfgZT4PSPul

Dex-chan lover
Looks like Koreans are tired of waiting for Chinese artists to put more effort into drawing. I'm happy to see more stories about murim pared with good art... compared to the level of shitty wuxia/xianxia/xuanhuan adaptations.

@vodkavodka I know how you feel. It's better to read the books, but I gave that up, too. It's too hard to find what I call gems in the vast sea of repetition of flowery words and the unending heavenly yet brutal 1v1 arena duels.

hey all this message is for translator please use easy words instead of Chinese name like baek ko what..!?
instead use name and at the end of the chapter put a page for change in name so its easy for reader to imagine the story and get the feeling into it...
some time when you use hard to pronounce word it make people irritated and they stop reading and throw the manga away thinking of it as trash for a good story it need to be fun to read not difficult to read

@rokuro Or just use the names present in the original? You really want every translation to remove all localisation? Pretty direspectful to the original author

@rokuro no way. You mean, ancient china/ murim setting with the name John? That'll break immersion! Better stick to the original names that your tongue might find it hard to pronounce

@Zetazich and @KrispyBak0n
hello mf..!!!
what i meant is there is many cultivation manga like martial peak & god of martial arts and so on they have chinese name to but its easy to understand and easy to read
not like this on where you cant even pronounce the place name like what was it baek ko hae jung or something...?!
that why I said to pick different name not John or some shit so you guys better fk of...!!!!😎

@rokuro
That's not how it works.

Wait, now I understand what you mean. "Baek Ga Geom Mun" is 백가검문(白家劍門) in Korean and it could roughly be translated into Baeks' Sword Clan—Baek being the clan, family name. Just like how "Chil Dae Sae Ga" is translated into Seven Generation Rankers—the guys who killed MC in the first chapter. This is what you wanted, right? Translating the meaning of these words rather than romanizing their pronunciations.

I get your frustration. I agree that it would be better if the TL group translated things in that way. But I think it would prove to be one hell of a challenge. Because they have to be fluent in both Korean and Chinese—the Chinese letters that Koreans use, a bit different, modified version of Chinese.

For a starter, there is no Chinese letter provided in the raws of the manhwa. Everything is written in Korean but there are, because it's Murim, way too many Chinese letters used here. This can be confusing to translators and I spotted one mistake in the first chapter; "Chil Dae Sae Ga", Seven Generation Rankers, I think this should be translated as Seven Great Distinguished Families or Seven Great Influential Families—Or just Seven Great Families. Because, these individuals are each from different families. So, 七大勢家 rather than 七代勢家.

If the TL group really wanted to get everything right, then they would have to grab the LN which provides Chinese letters unlike the manhwa. But then again, even the LN omits quite a lot—Chil Dae Sae Ga, for example—assuming that the readers, Koreans, could understand them without the letters. That's pretty rough for translators.

해룡방(海龍幫), Sea Dragon Alliance instead of "Hae Ryong Bang"—consisting of cultivators fled from Murim and, of course, Japanese pirates.
해상방위소(海上防衛所), Sea Fortress rather than "Hae Sang Bang Wi So" because it's Baeks' Sword Clan's forward base located in an island for warding off Sea Dragon Alliance.

I'm mainly pulling these out from the LN and the TL group should, too. Because things are too difficult to understand as of now. And @rokuro here was expressing that idea.

😎hey all its your rokuro here...!!!
hehehehe
like I said this manga is translated into English and is released world wide not for just Chinese or Korean people so if you put words which is difficult to read and pronunciation it will only lead to drop of this manga...!!!
you guys can talk all you want but if I gave you a english book contain my mother tongue in it will you read it even if you dont know a single shit about it...!
I m not saying I dont like the manga I like it but if your translating make sure its easy to understand and fun to read thats all ....
I hope you all get it even if you dont
I dont give a damn...!!!!!!!!!!!😎

I'm pretty sure that the artist is a men who don't know how boobs work. Like literally most of the women in this have some balls attached to their body instead of an actual breast. It's uncomfortable to look at.

@szyszysz What do you mean the panels on chapter 5 look good the side boob panel though looks very odd but the rest seems fine. They are just saggy breats which would be normal if they cultivated. A lot of jumping around and bra's would do that to breasts.

Users who are viewing this thread