Path of the Sword - Ch. 23

"I am too lazy to explain it all"

but... "I am strong, they kidnapped her so I killed them" wouldve been enough of an explanation tho, especially for someone of his strength

Dex-chan lover
I was hoping they were finally going to drop the stupid "I'm strong but people think I'm weak" trope with this chapter but I guess not.

Dex-chan lover
@Kolderen While the trope is really annoying, I can see the rationale behind it. If he was strong, the Su family would b asking him to help out and getting him involved in their conflicts. This way he doesn't have to do anything and has no responsibilities except for what he wants to do, ie his sword training and maybe help the 2nd sister.

It really is annoying, though.

Double-page supporter
@Red225 u r wrong, if he's that strong they would be too scared to even ask if he told them to not.

Dex-chan lover
@bvdaf you forget that everyone is terminally stupid in wuxia. Even high ranking family members will not believe in strength even if it's demonstrated clear as day in front of them, and he'd get endless challenges and requests to help because "he's not that strong really".

Double-page supporter
@Red225 nah man, that's not true at all, he could just kill the strongest guy from all of them and that would be enough to make them shit their pants. That's how it works in world ruled by strength.

As you will see from next chapter Leng Xiao Tian is actually rather famous for his strength and ferocity.
So disguising himself with his other name from the family, he had an intention to hide his actual strength from them since the very beginning.

I really liked that analogy he made. It is similar to the approach a lot of celebrities and even corporations do in regards to tweets or protests.

They can chirp all they want, but if they can't really distort your revenue and goals, then they can be ignored.

Or in more relatable terms, in school, you just focus on yours goals, whether it be practicing for the band or studying for a class, and ignore the noise of people who want to invite you to those drug parties or just generally drag you down.

Users who are viewing this thread