Peerless Dad - Vol. 2 Ch. 109

Dex-chan lover
@LysandersTreason I mean not just in appearance actually. Hint on her refusing an expensive restaurant for street foods. Definitely doing it on purpose to suit him.

@vanilla1016

I agree that age gap might be a little extreme, but we have to consider this is not a modern timeline where it is deemed unacceptable. Even he agrees that the age gap is too much.

Dex-chan lover
Hope it works out for those two. She likes him a lot, and he didn't seem to be all that uncomfortable with that outting today, and he didn't refuse the chance to meet again--so I'd dub that progress! Might be weird for the kids to suddenly have a Mom, though.

That scene with that jerk couple was pretty funny with how it ended btw lol

There are plenty of gold diggers and creepy old men nowadays, suddenly the age gap isn't that strange. Just look at hollywood.

Double-page supporter
@Jeikob There's no doubt that if his kids say no, then she has no chance. It won't be weird because the kids have to approve of her first which is why she started bribing them early. She knows the deal.

Fed-Kun's army
This is something that gets brought up every time something like this happens, so I'll say it again. A lot of what people consider good marriage practice is decided by how quickly / often people die; this is further exacerbated by the realities of female biology. Once a human woman exceeds the age of 35-ish, it becomes MUCH more difficult to become pregnant: it's more difficult still to bear a child to term without crippling / lethal complications. Therefore, in a setting where people die often like this one, it is "common sense" for younger women to seek partnerships with healthy older men.

Furthermore, remember that this young lady is from an aristocratic family and that her father is planning to send (maybe sell?) her off to a faraway province. She is literally fighting for her freedom and this is her chosen method; getting hitched to someone she knows is a decent man and can have reasonable expectations of a healthy, reasonably free lifestyle with. I believe this was shown in one of the 90's chapters, you'll have to go elsewhere to find that since the previous scanlator threw a bitch fit and yanked theirs.

Dex-chan lover
Yes!!! This was so good! There's finally some progress between them! XD

This lady is nice and all however if she truly loves him she has to tell him the truth right away otherwise it will backfire later on and diminish all her good intentions.

I'm starting to suspect this lady and her brother are actually the same person... Wouldn't that be CRAZY !!

Dex-chan lover
With how clueless and innocently unassuming Papa Noh is, I assume his first wife was also probably a lady of wealth and/or status that he never realized liked him so much that she gave it up to be his wife (unless I missed/forgot a detail that said otherwise in the earlier story).

Fed-Kun's army
@Firianath well everyone had already realized that (s)he's a woman from how she acts towards him since their long traveling, so it's not really that surprising

I don't think age gap is really a problem in a worl like this, where true master's can probably live for a few hundred years, and even in our world it's okay, if they truly like each other and not just looking to screw each other off.

@Doopington, I'm pretty sure this is the case, but he was aware about that, and that's why he worked so hard so she and their children are happy despite the fact that he was basically nobody when they married.

Group Leader
He's interested. I thought it would go with him just being stupid but I am pleasantly surprised.

nice, wife acquired until he finds out then he be like no way i cant see you in that way then cry

Users who are viewing this thread