People Looked Down on Me for Having a Crummy Job but It Really Isn't All That Bad? - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Even though it's a stereotypical isekai, I like that he has Ai to teach him. She's like a tutor. In most of these kinds of stories, the MC just figures out everything by himself. It's nice that he has somebody to talk to as well.

Double-page supporter
ahh yes, evil magic in the estate for some reason?

...so alchemists/support mages can alter metals, change their shape, and reinforce the hardness... HOW THE FUCK IS THIS LOOKED DOWN ON??? no seriously, just think, you're in a sword fight with someone, you amp up the hardness of your sword so you can break theirs easily or change the shape to make it a sword breaker type of weapon, bam that's already one application that would make fighting someone like that a nightmare. holy shit

@sheepdoge thing is that they are so physically weak that they can't even lift a sword so they won't even be able to participate in a sword fight .. Plus Alchemist can only harden metal to something like the strongest 'normal' metal like steel or our worlds Strongest Metals which are still much Weaker than Magic metals like mithril & adamantine of fantasy world.

Of course MC will have plot Armour and author will do something about these points to make him OP or Atleast reasonably strong

Fed-Kun's army
It seems his Alchemy Skill is based on the “Idea” of what Material is capable of doing and not based on knowing what the Atomic Structure of the Material is made of, so that means he can make Materials like Adamantium, Vibranaium or a composite of both.

@sheepdoge
It's because Magic Metals are stronger/better than Steel which is the strongest metal in this world and not to mention the materials return to their original state after sometime which I think if bullshit but that is how the Author wanted it. It becomes OP because of MC's knowledge from Earth which is technologically advance to this world.

Fed-Kun's army
No. I think there is still some other world knowledge needed. I’m pretty sure he can’t just make up or use some fictional metals like that. If that is the case then it would be a skill way to op. I think what the authors trying to say is that it can be any metal he can think of, but it has to be a real metal. Even when it comes to hardness, I don’t think he needs to be specific about it, but it needs to be in the realm of possibility. It can’t something that can never be bent. He could possibly make a new and stronger metal, but that might require some scientific knowledge.

@ZelousR2

Fed-Kun's army
@Suck-a-duck
But there is still that maybe “Possibility” considering not everyone knows what Steel is made of or how to make Steel and the MC just thought of making it like steel from his memory unlike in — The World's Best Assassin, Reincarnated in a Different World as an Aristocrat — Manga where the Author made it that in order to make Steel or any other metals you need to know the Atomic Structure of that metal.

Fed-Kun's army
I’m pretty sure it all comes down to basic knowledge. If it exist and he knows it exist, he can make. I think thats what author is trying to say.

i hate that as a plot point and how its in nearly every "my x was weak but now im strong" stories. they're really framing it like no one else in the entire history of the new world ever thought "maybe i can make this harder than steel". not a single alchemist ever thought of the possibility.

@Gavastar i did read it and if you read it you would have noticed the mc literally fucking says he made a material harder than the hardest he fucking knows so it doesnt make sense that no one else tried.

Users who are viewing this thread