Pest ga Aketara Asobimashou! ~Chuusei Europa Sekai to Gendai Bunmei Slow Life~ - Ch. 1 - Baths

Dex-chan lover
It's boring. It's pretty much the same native reactions to modern techs as every other isekai with info dump about medieval Europe on top. The info dump is quite neat but feel tedious at time, should work as something for history class if you minimize the modern tech masturbation. Also, spreading another plague how ever mild Xiflu ends up being on top of the already overkill Black Plague? Really?
And the "witch"'s face remind me of a really shitty isekai.

Dex-chan lover
What a weird premise but I'm down with it~ I do appreciate the author's dedication to doing their research. Even the "no shoes"-sign in Ema's house is p much written in the "Early New High German" that was establishing itself around that time.
You know, the clothes and architecture are fine, but the black plague didn't actually happen until around the 16th century, which was the 1500s. At least this isn't set in the Victorian era and claiming to be the middle ages like every other isekai is. Other than my tiny nitpick, this seems super promising!
Maybe you're mistaking it with another pandemic? The "Black Death" refers to a specific pandemic occurrence of the bubonic plague which did happen between 1346 and 1353, sweeping across Europe. That's the most basic part of the premise, would be p bad if they got that wrong xD

Dex-chan lover
Damn girl you just brought a pandemic into somewhere with another pandemic
That girl just bring covid to the past, we are doomed.
Also, spreading another plague how ever mild Xiflu ends up being on top of the already overkill Black Plague? Really?
Why do you guys assume that she brought covid to the past? At no point it was ever mentioned that she's infected with anything.

Dex-chan lover
My money is on her having a desk with a Time Machine so she can just go and take whatever junk she wants from any timeline.
what is this? doraemon???? :dogkek:

but fr i have so many logistical questions on how any of that "modern" tech works in that setting lol

also for some reason, the nakedness and the nippleless boobs really threw me off

Contributor
You know, the clothes and architecture are fine, but the black plague didn't actually happen until around the 16th century, which was the 1500s. At least this isn't set in the Victorian era and claiming to be the middle ages like every other isekai is. Other than my tiny nitpick, this seems super promising!
Wrong. The bubonic plague arrived in waves over the centuries and one of the most well known waves happened when the manga is set.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Death

Dex-chan lover
Why do you guys assume that she brought covid to the past? At no point it was ever mentioned that she's infected with anything.

People could be infected with diseases without showing any symptoms and they could spread diseases. Also pathogens can stay on objects for a while.

Also the modern pathogens can be dangerous, since they have gone through many mutations for the resistance arm race, especially against antibiotics. People in the past would not have the immunity against them. We have real life examples, like when European colonizers brought smallpox to America.

Users who are viewing this thread