Peter Grill and the Philosopher's Time - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - Peter Grill and Goblin Apocalypse

Fed-Kun's army
of course, since there is a pretty orc, there has to be pretty goblins.

Dex-chan lover
@Talh
If Yuusha ga Shinda is any hint, traps only serve to slow down the enemy while at the same time, be inconvenient and dangerous to civilians. irl, we have innocent people stepping on mines during peacetime. you don't want to fill the forests with traps only to have adventurers and travelers get caught in them.

A manned wall is always better than multitude of traps, and a wall will even stop horses. Traps are only better than walls if you don't have enough people to cover the walls.

However, they're up against apparently what was called a horde. Yeah, I've read Goblin Slayer (the manga); for the most part, the goblins raiding villages are usually all part of one tribe (much smaller than a horde). The goblins here are all under a queen.

Also, Orcbolg is crazy. He actually wouldn't need that many traps for one village if the people of the world he is in takes goblins really seriously.

Dex-chan lover
@melonpan Same, all the characters with the most milf potential almost always go loli for some insane reason, it can be quite trying at times....

Contributor
Traditional defences against invasion for small forts also includes successions of ankle breaker stones or little pits, fotified ditches.
amonst other defences
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IghzU9Dr6VU
Moats are also an option if there's decent proximity to water.
Honestly any half way decent steep high walled fortified town should have no issue with an attack by any force on foot short of an extended siege or internal betrayal.

Dex-chan lover
@jonsmth
All that does not matter.
If you read the comment above my 1st one you would have noticed that said comment asked what goblin slayer would say to that issue in the chapter.
So I replied what he would most likely say.

That has nothing to do with any other manga or novel or any logic.
And neither does it matter if Goblin Slayer is sane or not.

All that matters is that the qustion was about what he would say and I replied to it with the answer to that question.

Dex-chan lover
All those damn memes and references made this chapter one of the best ones up to date, easily. X)

Dex-chan lover
I foresee a future where peter would lost his manhood power and he could finally be together with luvelia which is just fine with luvelia since she didnt know anything about that kind of thing. Bliss end.

I foresee a future where the Author troll us and just make Luvelia a bitch who cheated on Peter from the start or at some point she awakened her lesbian side and dump him or some shit... I really don't see a ending of PeteXLuve.

Dex-chan lover
@Talh
I'm just saying that traps won't work

Heck, Goblin Slayer would probably know that (he seemed competent in heading a defense despite being alone most of the time), and would say something about the fortifications instead.

Dex-chan lover
@jonsmth
It is only a matter of using the right traps.
GS would first investigate the previous times this calamity occured into the finest details.
Then he would think of how to adjust the traps to make them work.
E.g.: He might come up with the idea of using the sweat of men as bait for those female goblins by using some cloths with that sweaty smell and placing them on a puppet to make the goblins think a man is trying to hide himself after being unable to run away in time.

It is never the case that traps are absolutely ineffective it is just a matter of using the right traps in the right way.

Users who are viewing this thread