Pinky Candy Kiss - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
considering she's trying to find a new place, and is unfamiliar with the renting/housing process, it seems she's moving out of her husband's and living on her own for the first time (at least in whatever city they are). In this case, yeah this is probably a marriage of convenience/appearance's sake. Husband could even be a gay dude for all we know. In either case the marriage is probably some kind of "open", especially considering how brazen emma is courting in her husbands cafe lol. also emma didn't correct takara saying her old surname lol.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Oh shit, here we go again with another slow burn, suffering character, depressing life, discovering a new sexuality, burning the closet, going beyond heteronormativity, changing your life, divorcing with husband, admitting that being married to a man or going out with one isn't that bad even if you're a lesbian, Japan legalize gay marriage damn it, josei manga.
Oh gee, it's almost as if those are extremely relatable themes and circumstances for the target demographic 😂

Dex-chan lover
Man, I really hope her bf dumping her for not getting jealous is portrayed as a really dumb reason, but I get the feeling that she’ll get jealous over Emma’s being married or something, thereby implying that her bf was correct that she didn’t really love him. :/

Man, I really hope her bf dumping her for not getting jealous is portrayed as a really dumb reason, but I get the feeling that she’ll get jealous over Emma’s being married or something, thereby implying that her bf was correct that she didn’t really love him. :/
I mean ideally your partner would never engage in behaviours that would make you jealous, but you should be capable of that jealousy in some circumstances, it's a part of loving someone.

Dex-chan lover
I mean ideally your partner would never engage in behaviours that would make you jealous, but you should be capable of that jealousy in some circumstances, it's a part of loving someone.

I think the boyfriend took the lack of any jealousy as a sign that she didn't really miss him when he wasn't around. That is the definition of "jealousy" Takara herself provides: yearning to be together.

Dex-chan lover
If a girl looked at me like that I'd collapse like of those folding chairs

Dex-chan lover
Eh, I think it depends on what exactly is meant by “jealousy.” If you’re just talking about missing someone then I guess jealousy is natural. But if you’re talking about being worried that your partner is cheating (or might cheat in the future), then I think that’s just a lack of trust in your partner. Especially in situations where someone is hitting on a person’s partner and the person gets all jealous even though the partner isn’t reciprocating. Ofc, there can be instances where that lack of trust is justified, but in manga it often isn’t

Users who are viewing this thread