Pinky Candy Kiss - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Dex-chan lover
Nothing has happened and people have already judged and condemned Ema. So far she has behaved as someone who is happy to reconnect with someone she cared deeply about. Even on this very chapter she has being nothing but a supportive friend. Takara, on the other hand, is the one having a meltdown about realizing her attraction to women and doesn't know what to do with herself.

Will they eventually cheat? I don't know, but I don't care about characters behaving "correctly." My morals don't have to be the same as the ones a character in a story has. Imagine having the same morals as an idiot like Light Yagami or not being able to enjoy the story because you disagree with him on pretty much everything.

Dex-chan lover
People talking about ntr have had their mind rotten by hentai, this is a story about women's repressed homosexuality in a heteronormative society, the husband isn't a bad apple for sure, but his relationship is based on Ema's acceptance of his courting back when she thought "it's okay, that's the normal thing to do, right?", what we're reading is the shackles coming loose and two women rediscovering their identity and the feelings that go along with it, cheating is bad sure, but it's even worse to spend your life lying to yourself AND your partner to keep the status quo
lol,

rotten by hentai

i think they just don't like seeing cheating,

stop pulling that hentai addicts line, it's outdated

Dex-chan lover
A lot of people just love toxic relationships and behavior in manga for some reason. It's something i've never understood
ong, i said this exact line on a different yuri manga like this,
and the replies literally ate me raw,

i don't understand how so many people Love this toxic relationship/ntr bs in romance stories

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
not sure if the author has any works besides this and oishii kaori but this is great

I
Can't have any moral conflicts in our storytelling now, that would be too close to actual life. After all the "right thing to do" is always obvious and easy.
I can say what I want and that’s what I think if you have a different opinion make your own post

Dex-chan lover
MacinteuchPlus hit the nail on the head definitely.

Also, really love to see a yuri manga both have an explicitly bi character (and she's not even the one in the relationship as would more commonly occur, who knows if Ema is bi or lesbian), and to also explicitly show how older media, including yuri manga, which often depicted lesbianism as a temporary thing or as not the same as "real" love, hurts queer people by forcing them to suppress and hide themselves in the face of a very heteronormative society (especially for bi women who do feel attraction to guys so can more easily convince themselves they are just straight and that love for their friend wasn't the same while still suffering from that deep-seated suppression).

at first, i thought it go a cheating route what with ema being open about her "last resort" view towards her marriage. but when i think about it, she doesn't seem like the type. it would surely enthuse her if they could be in the relationship, but i don't think she allows herself to desire more than being with takara. for her, meeting takara again was enough and anything more is just a miracle--them seeing each other more than once, them being friends--so I don't think ema would go as far as to actively take steps to be in a relationship with takara. she was too thankful enough for the meeting as though it was the only nice thing she deserved to have.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
My god, nothing has even happened and everyone’s freaking out. Take a chill pill and wait to see if she actually cheats before throwing a fit.
this is the right response to this. So far there's nothing happening between them yet, so to condemn the characters for things they haven't done is really dumb.

best to just sit back and see how this goes (though I do feel bad for the husband because he does seem genuine so far).

anw, thanks for the chapter!

Power Uploader
Obviously, since Ema is married to a good guy, she has to stay faithful and in her marriage until death do them part. As God intended.

/s

Cheating is obviously bad. But being forced to live in a closet forever because society tells you to is equally bad.

Regarding the discussion about the NTR and whatnot, I'll spoil below the info we have regarding Ema as of chapter 10.
Chapter 9 is from Ema's PoV and reveal that she obviously was in love with Takara since even before she tried to kiss her and has wished she did for the past 20 years. She says that, just like for the past 20 years, she'll forever keep these feelings secret from Takara and her husband. Chapter 10 (last chapter of volume 2) has Takara and her friend going to a lesbian bar in Ni-Chome (Tokyo gay district) and the chapter end with Takara noticing someone that looks strangely similar to Ema but when she tried to approach her, her friend stopped her because they had to leave. The last page of the volume is Takara looking back saying "There's no way she would be in a place like this, right?"

Aggregator gang
People talking about ntr have had their mind rotten by hentai, this is a story about women's repressed homosexuality in a heteronormative society, the husband isn't a bad apple for sure, but his relationship is based on Ema's acceptance of his courting back when she thought "it's okay, that's the normal thing to do, right?", what we're reading is the shackles coming loose and two women rediscovering their identity and the feelings that go along with it, cheating is bad sure, but it's even worse to spend your life lying to yourself AND your partner to keep the status quo

Aggregator gang
The comment I’ve been looking for.🥹

Group Leader
He's such a good guy bro, bless him.

If this series somehow turns around them backstabbing him, right hand on the bible I'll be starting the holy crusade myself

Obviously, since Ema is married to a good guy, she has to stay faithful and in her marriage until death do them part. As God intended.

/s

Cheating is obviously bad. But being forced to live in a closet forever because society tells you to is equally bad.
Having bad circumstances doesn't justify doing bad things, it merely explains it.

Dude has nothing to do with his wife's circumstances, what she did to him (using him to get out of her circumstances) is pretty fucking terrible.

Love when the comments get littered with people approaching complex relationships and yuri as if it were catholicism or something. As if there were zero nuance at all, ever, even in real life. It's a yuri commenter staple at this point.

Dex-chan lover
Love when the comments get littered with people approaching complex relationships and yuri as if it were catholicism or something. As if there were zero nuance at all, ever, even in real life. It's a yuri commenter staple at this point.

Nah, it's not just yuri fans. Straight romance readers eviscerate any new female character who appears, unless she passes the vibe check. The vibe usually being total subservience to their self insert. Misogyny is present regardless of the fandom; most people tend to have the "god forbid women do anything" attitude, even if they won't admit it outright.

Dex-chan lover
So basically this is like Imagine Me & You but a manga, childhood friends, and internalized homophobia. I hope the ending is just as good for everyone involved.

Also, I have a feeling Ema wrote a love confession to Takara in the letter and that's what she's referring to rather than what Takara thinks she's referring to (Takara making moves on Ema)

Users who are viewing this thread