Please Don't Call Me Queen! - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - The Fight Late at Night

Contributor
Look, the political intrigue surround the throne succession is fascinating and all, but can we get a ML that isn't part of FMC's family tree?

Aggregator gang
@juntaksadis: yeah, it's creepy when someone suddenly proposed to you but it's a different story if that someone is a rich, handsome man.

Aggregator gang
*Puts on Conan glasses and rubs chin* It doesn't make sense for Irvine to attack Stewart. If Irvine was aiming to be King, he wouldn't have voted for Stewart to begin with. If Irvine was betraying Stewart and aiming to make Cyan or Fran the next ruler, he would have kept his vote blank instead of locking in Stewart to begin with. Plus, he's the Captain of the Knights and is very attached to his men, and doing something like this would obviously forfeit his position.

So what we know so far: All the candidates are blood related to the King. Stewart is the previous King's youngest son, making him eligible for succession. Cyan's father was the King's son (older brother to Stewart) but he passed away, making Cyan eligible for succession, but his mother is not (thus trying to manipulate her son into taking the throne). I think Fran's mother is the previous King's daughter (since Fran's last name is Elliot and Stewart's last name is McTeill) so I think she either waived her right of succession or isn't eligible because she married the Duke.

That leaves Irvine, who is the King's nephew, who is also a successor. Irvine's mother or father is the sibling to the King (most likely mother since Irvine's last name is different from Stewart), but for some reason they're not one of the candidates. They haven't been revealed yet, but back in chapter 3, Irvine mentions that he was listless from being part of the royal family.

So I think it's a good assumption to say that, like Cyan, Irvine is being framed or punished by his own family. I think the culprit who attacked Stewart is *points finger* Irvine's parents!

Dex-chan lover
@mitsuki48 You got it the wrong way around, Irvine got attacked and Stewart is the suspect, which makes even less sense.

I’m lowkey annoyed the FMC isn’t rlly being presented as a candidate for the throne. She’s more of a grinding block to help smooth out the flaws of the male candidates, & polish Stewart as both the romantic interest & the future monarch. Less of a Main Character & more of a tool for male character development. Which obviously isn’t anything new, in this genre or in any other, but it is disappointing. :/

Group Leader
@Ochrolv The typo has been fixed! Thanks for pointing it out (ෆ˙ᵕ˙ෆ)

Oho, without divulging too much about Chapter 5, your predictions are largely on point! Well, what's a story of political intrigue without a dash of foul play~

Thank you for reading! ♡

Contributor
@ohkimch I don't quite see it like that. I think the main detriment for her right now is the fact that she doesn't want to be the Monarch herself. I think what the author is going for is that they're going to be pitted against each other in order to each become better rulers. In her case it's going to be that she's going to slowly gain more confidence and have the wherwithal to actually speak her mind. Though ican definitely see "We'll rule tog there through the power of friendship!" Asan ending.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
OH NOOO... anyway, i'd like to see more chess analogies, i like playing chess so i enjoy it a lot when it comes up in manga, since it's rare to see it due to shogi being more popular.

Fed-Kun's army
i feel like she'll end up being the monarch in the end, so i'm very interested to see how it all plays out... especially bc stewart was the clear favorite/most likely to win... and now this twist!!! interesting!!

thank you for the update!

Who the heck make Stewart as suspect? What kind of motive makes him do that?

Thank you for translating. Your English is really refined, much more than others manga I read. It's a bit hard for me who is not use English as first-language, but I really like it!

Aggregator gang
I’m lowkey annoyed the FMC isn’t rlly being presented as a candidate for the throne. She’s more of a grinding block to help smooth out the flaws of the male candidates, & polish Stewart as both the romantic interest & the future monarch. Less of a Main Character & more of a tool for male character development. Which obviously isn’t anything new, in this genre or in any other, but it is disappointing. :/
So in this chapter Moran recalls that the King said, "I shall relinquish my throne to the one who defeats me at chess."

Remember the first chapter?

It's not really foreshadowing at this point.

its really wild that she locked herself up after being called weird looking once by one boy when she was 5. The fact that her parents allowed her to spiral like that based on something that happened when she was 5.

Users who are viewing this thread