Please Don't Come to the Villainess' Stationery Store! - Ch. 49

Dex-chan lover
The Holy Kingdom is starting to sound more like the Unholy Kingdom. If Meldenique could make the Holy Kingdom's misdeeds public with credibility, quite a few people would probably be immensely pleased and grateful. The Kinnoa family's case must be only the tip of the iceberg. There must be more victims left and right.

Dex-chan lover
Not to be so “shipping on the brain” but Isaac and Mel’s scenes this chapter 🥺💖🙈 Oh myyyyy!

He’s always been my “horse in the race” for Mel’s heart, but I’d been worried he’d show up like every 10 chapters and only get closer much later 😕 But I’m quite happy to be proven wrong so frequently 😊😃The eye candy certainly eases the loss haha 😉😂

But oh no! There’s a conspiracy afoot and it’s deeper that they’d expected or knew 👀✨

Dex-chan lover
Not to be so “shipping on the brain” but Isaac and Mel’s scenes this chapter 🥺💖🙈 Oh myyyyy!

He’s always been my “horse in the race” for Mel’s heart, but I’d been worried he’d show up like every 10 chapters and only get closer much later 😕 But I’m quite happy to be proven wrong so frequently 😊😃The eye candy certainly eases the loss haha 😉😂

But oh no! There’s a conspiracy afoot and it’s deeper that they’d expected or knew 👀✨
Kinda the opposite for me, I prefered the sword/man she's been with since the beginning.

Oh well you win some you lose some.

Dex-chan lover
Wait, so if there's a cure for mana reflux... why is the Empress suffering??? Huh??? Did I miss something?
The people who know are offed by the church and most likely the method to cure is being covered up and branded as something bad. Pretty sure it's to increase the church's and saint's influence over the population by monopolizing the cure.

Dex-chan lover
So, now it's just a race competition. Who's the first one to come to the empress to cure her.

Dex-chan lover
Those cheeks were more than "a bit" red :sneaky:

Looks like the church really is corrupt......which is a shame. I wish more isekai/other world/fantasy stories wouldn't just use them as half(Not even 1d) dimensional plot devices. Its always either church is just good(in a shallow way), or it's a rigged scam for power, or appears to be good at first and is a farce, with very little crossover between.

Now compare that to something like Barbarian Quest, which has a little bit of everything, the good and the bad, a complex web. Where you have a genuine belief system that is practiced for and brings about great good, but at the same time you have corrupt individuals who take advantage of that to amass power and use the institution for their own gains. You have the casual people who use it when it suits them but otherwise don't care about it, and you have the zealots who often take it too far. It's complex, like how people are complex. As opposed to simple and boring.
(This instance doesn't concern me, it just brought to mind that sentiment I have been for some time)

Anyways.... I wonder how many of the family actually survived. And I wonder if the dragon being asleep the curse for Mel herself, or is there something else.

Dex-chan lover
That was quite a lot of info but as always, leaves a lot of questions

Supporter
wow a lot of developments in this chapter
both the plot event stuff and the romance

Users who are viewing this thread