Please Go Home, Akutsu-san! - Vol. 2 Ch. 36

Dex-chan lover
Smooth move there, Ooyama. Now you just need to give her the straight look and she'll melt under your gaze.

Dex-chan lover
I can relate. When someone comes to your home and makes you so embarassed, that you can go home while already being at home

Group Leader
@henman even i was confused about that part... in the raws, the text had "ore" in it so i also assumed it was ooyama that was thinking that; but it don't make sense!

Dex-chan lover
So, which one is more diabetes inducing: This couple, the turtle or translator-san?

Group Leader
@ihatethisfeature123 do you reckon 帰る in that final bubble can be taken figuratively to basically mean "I want to go back (to the time when I hadn't said all this embarrassing shit yet)"?
Sure, you'd normally expect 戻る for that, but 帰る is kind of a central word for the manga, idk.
I was thinking of picking up this manga, but never did, and that part stumped me too 😅

Edit: or, honestly, it's probably more like, "I wish I could go home (away from here (but I'm already in my home))"

Group Leader
@iltrof ah that would make more sense!! but yeah, the kanji used in the raws is really what confused me..
thinking about how to put that into a thought bubble, i'd put in "i'm so embarrassed that i wanna go back in time" or something
it sounds okay, but out of place at the same time
thank you for your input !!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread