Plots that you would like to see explored

There are many many mangas in this world, but there are some stories that haven't been told yet! What are some that you would like to be seen illustrated and told? Be it an original idea or an adaptation.

Personally, I would like to see the concept of odd jobs/people who do it all/travelers explored. People who's jobs varies from searching for a lost cat to attempting to helping someone fix their family or something... It would be great material for a story with a lot of comedy and drama [Kinda like Gintama]! Maybe there are already some that exist like that out there, but I don't know any.

Dex-chan lover
Personally I would love to see more space exploration/colonization. Space has always fascinated me and it's a shame we don't have a bigger catalog on this subject.

Fed-Kun's army
There really needs to be more done with the isekai genre. There's so much potential to be had in a "protagonist from normal world ends up in a different world" plot.

Nearly all of them have a guy/girl enter a video game like world, but there's so many other kinds of worlds that could be used.

High fantasy would interesting one because admittedly modern-day isekai stories is all about having cute heroines. I think it would be interesting to go back.
a better magic system for example in this world magic used the user's life. I think it would add more danger, which add more excitement whenever character use magic.

hardcore sci-fi like imagine an animated "Neuromancer" how cool and trippy the visual would be.

Perhaps this doesn't quite qualify as a "plot" but I really wish I could find a series with two or more strongly characterized male leads. Basically after finishing Hakoiri Drops I just want to read about more bros like those bros.

Dex-chan lover
I want Death Note but with time travel and AI.

This is actually an original concept I came up with and have already built the main cast of characters of but rn I don't think I'm talented enough to write a sci-fi psychological thriller.

I would try but honestly the only thing I can think of is how to start it. Stories that I start without plan on what to do next always goes astray after act 1. If anyone wants to give me ideas on how to explore character and sci-fi dynamics into a psychological warfare with both tons as well as very little casualties depending on the situation along with a diverse and plentiful amount of outside world interacting with the characters - hit me up.

Anyone that wants to hear more can pm me.

Dex-chan lover
@dandan_the_dandan

I’m down for it.

So bumble gum crisis/death note/chrono trigger?

I sense existential crisis, time paradox and concepts of what it means to be human.

Dex-chan lover
@Xzayer Not what I had originally but now that I think about it yeah those will definitely make an awesome addition!

Edit: I wrote too much. Be warned. Read the bottom spoiler first.

Basically in a failing post-post-apocalypse society where the literal last of humanity have just barely cracked the secrets of time travel, they went back into the past as a whole with one mission: undo global warming. They didn't do this for self-preservation, they just had an epiphany and thought, "why not? It's better than being the last of our species." nvm read the bottom spoiler.

While the protagonists goes around murdering all individuals involved in global warming influence in the future, assassins from a different timeline (explained later) are here to stop them. Why? They're hired by companies who wants to make more money (I plan to improve their motivation so this is subject to change.

Now both sides - who are willing to kill - have to fight for their future using their different beliefs of barely tested time travel theories.

I have two rules of time travel set up: butterfly effect and see-saw effect. Butterfly effect is what everyone can expect: small details altered leads to massive consequences. See-saw effect is a monster to explain. Read this later so it won't disturb your train of thought.

See-saw effect is a time travel rule I made up in which time is super flexible. The past and future are both undetermined and only the present is solid - this means that changing the future can change the past and vice versa.

Because I said so, you go to the opposite end in order to change the other end to what the desired timeline. How the see-saw effect works is that you anchor the existence of this timeline to your "relative present". The subjects in which this "relativity" is anchored towards, while the time machine is running, is the solid present. Everything the subject(s) know is "anchored". This means that everything that the subject(s) don't know is "unrelative" and "can be altered" and thus "the opposite end can change."

Side note: other sci-fi stuffs exist too depending on the context.

Example:
You want to change the presidential election. (this would be illegal in the story but) you use the time machine to set everything you know "now" as the "relative present" and the supercomputer time machine will process all that information and tell you a list of things that must be done to change the future. You will be sent back to the past (more info on how later), do the deed, then go back to the present. When you get back, everything you know is still the same - but everything you don't know has been altered by the list of things you did. The future will now surely follow what the supercomputer time machine predicts it to be as a result of your meddling.

So... Why see-saw effect? Otherwise you will automatically commit the butterfly effect and the future will spin out of control. Now that I think about it maybe a reverse butterfly effect can exist too but we'll just see if the story needs it.

More worldbuilding:

Protagonists' time travel tech can only transmit concioussness and programs. They each have an AI whose awareness rivals that of a human's in order to guide their daily lives to make sure they don't mess up their mission. They are capable of short-distance telepathy except for the leader (main protagonist) who can communicate with all his citizens anywhere using a unique mental tech (have worldbuilding behind it but irrelavant to the story)

The antagonists doesn't know what they're facing. Most of their memories have been wiped in order to reduce variables for the relative present. They only have a very powerful, lingering sense of motivation to complete a certain list of tasks and a mental program will force their motivation onto them each time they want to stray. The total number of mercenaries are (probably) only three but at the beginning were set out to appear like a massive organization.

More catches:

The protagonists aren't aware of the see-saw effect and unknowingly depends on the butterfly effect instead. This shifted the post-post-apocalypse world they were in into the less bad dystopia where a consumerist society which forgets about freedom for temporary pleasure. There's more worldbuilding (technology, etc) but they're irrelavant. This is where the company illegally hires time travel mercenaries in order to monopolize everything.

The protagonists only transfer their minds and mental tools into the bodies of children. Why kids? They have time to grow up meaning more chances to alter time throughout crucial events. The antagonists just transport their bodies through time using special machines.

I went too far with the description. Here's the TL;DR

The protagonists only have one supercomputer but more numbers and a clear head. The antagonists are few and have induced-amnesia, however, they possess three supercomputers. The two sides must locate each other's weak points, the computers, without messing with the timeline according to the theories that they initially believed in as well as the truth of time. They have their own selves, tools, and the environment to use within their combat and the protagonists don't care about collateral damage cause they believe they're doing the right thing.

And here's the notes I wrote down in my Keep which is a lot easier to follow. Don't mind the things that don't make sense cause they're worldbuilding outside of this story.

A boy with a large TV screen is a NEET. But not really.

He's actually accompanied by an AI girl and is a president from 2250. His job is to assassinate targets who will leave a large footprint which leads to extreme global warming. Only his mind is from the future, his body is of a millionaire's son in 2040 who suffers from PTSD and locks himself in his room.

His citizens are minds from the future who are transferred to various bodies around the world. A supercomputer was transferred to the body's little sister; her soul was corrupted after the supercomputer inhabits her body, thus why she is in a coma. Using the supercomputer, he's able to predict the future.

His goal is to create a future where he and his citizens are able to live in a comfortable world. He must do so before their souls deteriorate due to time sickness. Once said future has been created, the AIs of all the future people will transfer their minds to the future where their time is appropriate.

Everything is going as planned when suddenly assassins from the current future, in turn, come for them.

- - - Story universe explanation - - -

They were unaware of the butterfly effect and tampered with time excessively. The assassins are unable to kill them directly in order to carry out the see-saw effect, that's why they can only kill through accidents.

The story's cosmic timeline takes place just before the Anomalies timeline. The assassins come from a time between the AfterEarth series and Gliding.

- - - Plot points - - -

The story is going to be alike Death Note. President uses his citizens like pawns which he does not want to die. The assassins are very few but they are in close proximity and know exactly how the future can unfold.

- - - Side notes - - -

A popular saying here is "Mess with Mother Nature and she messes with you."

Assassins had their memories wiped to reduce time travel variables. They are tasked with accomplishing their mission - changing the timeline using the see-saw effect. If they disobey, their motivations will slowly be revealed so that they will want to do their jobs again.

The assassins also brought three supercomputers of their own into the past, but since they came from a more distant future which is more prepared for time travel, the supercomputers can transfer between bodies instantaneously but only through comatosed patients.

The AI companion trasfers into the little sister's body. It does this cause it was the first one the assassins took out and this is to avoid its death. The citizen it was accompanying is now alone. The body is able to sustain the both the AI and the supercomputer but only if the AI sheds off most of its capabilities and only the bare essentials - despite this, in order to prevent damage to the supercomputer which is even more mportant - the body can only be controled by one system at a time. But now the little sister is able to move and camoflauge in public, unless the supercomputer wants to be used in which case the body will fall asleep.

- - - Cool discussion points - - -

Assassins can probably comatose themselves in emergencies.

Leader doesn't hesitate to kill anyone who is not his citizens since he considers it "a sacrifice for the greater good of the future", until he realizes of both the butterfly and see-saw effects, of course.

The assassins have three supercomputers meanwhile the future-fixers only have one. While this means that the prior has more weaknesses, the latter significantly more fragile.

The protagonist supercomputer is probably weaker but more capable of predicting situations outside of timeline meddling since it's their only computer. Compared to the antagonist supercomputers which are hyperspecialized to reduce cost but more developed and less fragile.

I'm supposed to be studying for exam yet I spent an hour writing all these down. Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread