Policy about fan-colored pages

I recently learned that there's a rule about fan colored pages, where they have to be attached at the end of the chapter they appear in. I have a chapter coming up which opens with a sequence of more than a dozen full page character portraits. The first portrait is in full color, and the rest were clearly originally in color and grayscaled for the volume release. I was planning on uploading the unedited chapter, and then doing a separate upload of the chapter with the whole sequence recolored, marked as Chapter 66 and Chapter 66.5 respectively. Would that be against the rules? Because the sequence is 14 pages long, it feels weird to attach them to the main release.

TGN

Dex-chan lover
I recently learned that there's a rule about fan colored pages, where they have to be attached at the end of the chapter they appear in. I have a chapter coming up which opens with a sequence of more than a dozen full page character portraits. The first portrait is in full color, and the rest were clearly originally in color and grayscaled for the volume release. I was planning on uploading the unedited chapter, and then doing a separate upload of the chapter with the whole sequence recolored, marked as Chapter 66 and Chapter 66.5 respectively. Would that be against the rules? Because the sequence is 14 pages long, it feels weird to attach them to the main release.
I ain't no authority, but rule 2.1.6 states that "Chapters that have been colored from a monochrome version (either Official or Fan Colored) should be uploaded under a separate entry...". Rule 3.2.7.2 states that "Fan-colored pages... must not replace the original non-colored pages." So, probably, a separate tagged chapter of a fan-color is acceptable and in fact preferred.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
marked as Chapter 66 and Chapter 66.5

This would be very against the rules because you're misnumbering the chapter.
If you want to do a fan-coloured chapter, it either has to go in a fan-coloured entry or be appended onto the end of the greyscale chapter in the original entry.

This would be very against the rules because you're misnumbering the chapter.
If you want to do a fan-coloured chapter, it either has to go in a fan-coloured entry or be appended onto the end of the greyscale chapter in the original entry.
Alright, so it'd be "Chapter 66" and "Chapter 66 (Fan-Colored)" then? I only did the 66.5 thing to distinguish it from the unedited release, so if this is the proper way to do that then no problem.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
The fan-colored chapter needs to go on a separate fan-colored entry for the manga itself.

manga

manga

Solution
Oh, I see. I'm only going to be coloring this one chapter, so making a whole new entry seems a little excessive. I guess I'll include them at the end of the chapter then.

Users who are viewing this thread