Portrait of Queen Berta - Ch. 4.5

berta is the second QUEEN tho. Still a queen, not concubine. I honestly can't understand just how exactly her son is not legilible for the throne. Also it's not the little prince nor the king's fault that they did not have 'pureblood' 😥

Dex-chan lover
So, the reason for all the miscarriages is because the royals are all inbred... I suppose that's the reason why the king's father had to get a concubine.

What's interesting is Margarita loves Harold but still can't figure out this blood stuff is a fairy tale. Not to mention the reason for her infertility and unhappiness. That cognitive dissonance is so real. His humanity is right in front of her yet she seems him as less than. If that isn't too realistic

still don't like her. lost her chance when she said the adorable baby has 'dirty blood'. she will forever be a green tea bitch to me

Okay, so is that why he believed he was dirty, he had a good childhood and no one but her mentioned it. Seems messed up.

Dex-chan lover
@Thifa Berta's son is absolutely the legit heir, particularly when there is no alternative. That's not really the debate. What you're seeing is purely people being prejudiced towards 'mixed' blood, instead of the good ol' inbred royal family.

The thing that's weird is why did the other women who were noble couldn't conceive? The first queens understandable (inbreeding and such) but the women brought in before Berta, from my understanding, are not related to them just other noble ladies.
Unless I'm missing something.

@Reyven i just found this manga and read everything in one go. from my understanding, the other noble ladies have blood of the ancient nobles running through them - i don't know if they're relatives or not to the king, but i can only assume that most traditional aristocrats in this story marry their own cousins or close relatives for the sake of preserving that ancient noble blood. so in a way, they might be related to the king. but even if they're not related, the ancient nobles still did inbreeding and i guess that might have messed up with the genetics and all.

though, maybe it's just a convenient plot point so that the 2nd queen will give birth to the first royal child.

Users who are viewing this thread