Potion wa 160 km/h de Nageru Mono! ~Item-gakari no Ore ga Bannou Kaifukuyaku o Touteki suru Koto de Saikyou no Boukensha ni Nariagaru!?~ @COMIC - Vol…

Dex-chan lover
Oh shit, the British are invading, let's hide our historic monuments and spices before they get here
459050427_1955058458279127_3507066978474083194_n.jpg
don't forget to hide the mummies from the rich people who want to grind them up and snort them

Dex-chan lover
Yeah... unless you're aiming for peak comedy, this is an example of where literal translation falls flat on its face. I'm laughing my ass off but I don't think that's how TL wants it to read. Of course, I also laugh whenever kuro gyaru gets rendered as "Black Gal" by a translator. If you don't want to leave it in Japanese (kuro people or something) you HAVE to use more critical thought and take more creative license and sub in "Dark" for "Black" or call it "Black Hair Nation" or something else that makes marginally more sense. At least it's funny, though, unlike spamming BIG SIS whenever an onee-chan shows up (if you don't want weeb-speak, just call her by her name like an actual english speaker actually would).

Dex-chan lover
Alright checked the raws and it's as translator said;
黒の民の因子を確認しました起動します (黒の民 lit. means 'black person')
白の民の侵攻は始まっている (白の民 lit. 'white people')

Lots of potential alternatives like keeping it as romanji (Kuro/kurojin and Shiro/shirojin), or using synonyms (Night, Dark, Shadow, Yang & Sun, Light, Yin etc)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
On one hand, Japanese society is pretty homogeneous, consists of East Asian people. Their racism and xenophobia are different from Western societies. By that I mean Japanese media handle this sort of topic poorly from outsider POV.

Dex-chan lover
Author got n word Pass

Clearly author is a subscriber:

LMAO. As a mixed black dude, I was cackling this chapter. TL, you are more than welcome to the BBQ.
(Also mixed black guy here) I was laughing so hard I choked on my coffee. Then I had to explain to the gf what was up. She did NOT find it nearly as funny as I did. :kek:

Users who are viewing this thread