Power Antoinette - Vol. 2 Ch. 5 - The law Of Power

Dex-chan lover
hibiki and the gang might accidentally muscle travel there

Dex-chan lover
Alternative history has always been one of my favorite genres. Even if it's using a comedic base for itself.
Honestly, even just speculation of what could have been in history is interesting. You all ever play Operations in Battlefield 1? If you won with the side that was supposed to lose the narration gives a "what if" situation of history if those events had passed.

Thanks for the TL

Dex-chan lover
I gotta admit, I couldn’t understand this chapter’s translation at all. Feels like people just see buff mommy Antoinette and get neuron activation
There's nothing to understand, the story is quite stupid and very pro-royalty even as alternate history. I mean, they aren't addressing the reason why the French Revolution happened in the first place, that should tell you everything.

Dex-chan lover
There's nothing to understand, the story is quite stupid and very pro-royalty even as alternate history. I mean, they aren't addressing the reason why the French Revolution happened in the first place, that should tell you everything.
When xyzzy said that they "couldn’t understand this chapter’s translation", they weren't talking about the plot or concepts involved. They were talking about the fact that the translation is shit. Hell, I'm pretty sure they randomly changed the son's name from "Lou" to "Shu" for some random reason.
The manga not addressing the causes of the French Revolution says nothing whatsoever about the quality (or lack thereof) of the translation.

Double-page supporter
On one hand, this is a very funny read. On the other hand, there's a huge disconnect between who Marie Antoinette was and who she is in this manga (beyond muscle and stuff, in terms of personality), so it's hard to adapt. It'd be easier if I didn't know this part of history so well...

Users who are viewing this thread