Princess of the Wolf Lord

Contributor
This manages to strike an interesting balance between being lovely and being horrible and unfair all at the same time. Sorrowfully sweet is the tune, here, and it hits the chords perfectly and heart-rendingly.

@migh:

As an aside, this is not necessarily the old-Greek sense of a "tragedy"—it is entirely possible that the tragedy tag refers to the events that take place in the first chapter (and are expounded upon thereafter). Standing convention allows for a tragedy tag to refer to events in the beginning of a work if they are bleak enough (see, for a clear and typical example of this, Kijmetsu no Yaiba, which has had a tragedy tag from the beginning on account of events in the first chapter).

Anyway, honestly I have no idea how this ends, but I'll be a little surprised given the tone so far if it ends in abject tragedy (again).

wow this manga is so good... truly a masterpiece in my opinion, it gives me the heart wrench yet still pulls me into the story line. I love it.

Sem

Dex-chan lover
@AaniK

I haven't read the novel so I can only go off of what is shown in the manga, but that's something I'm very curious about too. Why didn't he try harder?

That's the biggest thing that makes me question the depth of his affection for her past self. When she starts blaming him, it's some very spiteful vitriol. She's saying all this with the direct intention of hurting him and nothing else, and imo he earned it. But the look on his face, as he swaps over from offering mercy to deciding to kill her, it feels a lot like, "Fine, I tried, have it your way." He's so offended that she has decided to take this stance against him that he stops trying.

That whole scene looks like a typical bad break up where the initiator tries to break off amicably, the recipient is understandably upset and turns hateful in self defense, and the initiator also turns hateful and withdraws the olive branch. Except this time with more death.
He probably liked her, but didn't love her. His reaction felt scornful. Honestly seeing him interact with Shirley leaves a sour taste in my mouth, and I really want him to find out who she is soon.

this reincarnation is different yet painful (somehow satisfying, I might be masochistic) to read . I need to finish the story or guilt will run over me
Atonement reincarnation with more feels 9.5/10

@Christopher She also purposely decides to no escape and to give up, since for her she is an existence that is meant to suffer, to pay for what she believes, is her past crimes.

@Sem might look like it from her perspective, who knows. People tend to do that too, angrily staring, when they are stressed out, after all he just usurp a throne.

I love this story so much (perhaps because I love masochistic plots like this) but there's not enough anger in Shirley. She, as the previous lord's sheltered daughter, was accepted by people close to her as "innocent", while nobody - not one of those claimed her innocence - TRIED to save her. She lived in her enclosed shelter, with her eyes and ears purposely closed by other people, to be sacrificed for the suffering common people. If Kaid or Carol would have, idk, told her what kind of monsters her parents and her grandparents was, I'm sure she would have done everything she could to help the coup. Yet they just conveniently kept her in the dark and threw her under the bus without any chance of fixing anything.

I understand Shirley's previous life as the daughter of a noble has a fault on her own for not trying to see what's going on outside her comfortable mansion, but she deserved not to die and reborn again with the entire guilt of ignorance on her shoulders. She should have been angry. She has the right to. And I definitely do not see Kaid nor Carol deserves any apology for what they did to her, understandably it was for the "greater good".

why is this so hurt to read, it hurt me badly every time she got close to him but i can't stop myself from reading it aaaaaahh aaah

Ooooh I loved the novel (which if anyone wants to read, is fully translated--but I read it on Wattpad a while back so idk). Manga's doing a great job adapting it!

Users who are viewing this thread