Princess to the Rescue! - Ch. 5

Oh man, I feel really bad for her. Absolutely no one believes in her, and it has got to sting super bad coming from her beloved brother

just... what a shitty prince/brother and what a spoiled princess
it's one thing to love and dote on your family/siblings, it's another to coddle them to the point that they're naive and know absolutely nothing about responsibility. That's actively harming them and could be considered neglect in the sense that you are failing to teach them how to be a functioning member of society.
in this critical moment when ONLY the princess can take responsibility, shit yeah I'm bothered af that the princess is wailing and can't even muster up the courage to understand that she can't just run away... but wtf is the prince saying that even NOW he wants her to just marry and have kids and be happy even though the whole kingdom is going to fall apart?????????? WHO???

these royals literally do not deserve to be royals. They have absofuckinglutely no sense of royal obligations. It's just a pretty title with no responsibility. smh.

Brother was like: I have no trust in you in saving me so go find some husband, have sex, make many babies, and let our people die because I am an idiot????

To be honest, I can't even blame her for becoming so spoiled and weak; with a brother like that... Man, that really sucks.

Ugh...
Just give the damn sword to sir alpha. I dont care whther he cant manifest full strenght of sword or not. But the whole 'it must be royal blood' is just too silly. And here we have weak hearted king and crybaby princess.

Double-page supporter
The brother really is an idiot. His whole speech basically condenses to "I don't know anything about what actually makes you happy, but you're a woman, so you should get married". And even from it's paternalistic viewpoint it's stupid, because she's a "ruined princess". Her kingdom is literally falling, she has now dowry and her previous prospective fiance dumped her. Also, we can expect a time of hardship for all of the surface kingdoms, as the demons will likely use the fall of the sky kingdom to launch an attack. In that situation, what kind of "happy marriage" is she supposed to find?

Like even the first chapter implied that the defense removing firework display was done cause the prince is a siscon not because the princess asked for it. Showing just how horrible the bro's priorities are.

oh this bastard i don't care how "good" of a brother he is i want to punch him in the face

y'all are blasting this dude for telling his sister it's fine if she doesn't save him, but whats the alternative, putting a tonne of responsibility on this sheltered 19 yr old's shoulders?

yeah its weird he told her to get married but no one deserves to have that kind of weight pushed onto them, mans message as i took it was 'you shouldnt have to take this onto yourself' which i don't think is particularly toxic, there was no way for him to know how his sister would react to a world-ending scenario

Dex-chan lover
This entire mess was probably the brother's fault after all. If that's how he approaches every issue it's no wonder the kingdom fell.

All the psychopaths here talking as if they'd tell their only family left to go on a life-endangering journey just to save them lol.

I don't know if I should like her brother or not -on the one side he really cares for her sister and wants her to have a good life, dispite her being a member of the royal family -but at the other side isn't it just pure arrogance to think that he would always be there? That all she needed to do was be happy, marry someone good and so on?
Althought it pains me to say this but he spoiled her rotten and what he just sayed like "don't care about me, just live a happy life" this was the worst. Even if it was for her own sake, but to suggest to her to abandon him and the whole kingdome -he could say to her, that all her efforts would be wastet time and she should just give up

You know what? I don't even blame her. It takes a certain type of person to become their own independent, self-reliant person despite being pampered and coddled their whole life.

Her family didn't prepare her at all to lead in the event of any of the men dying. They didn't train her at all in anything remotely close to combat or self-defense. She was raised to be as innocent and sheltered as possible, get married to the prince of another kingdom, have kids, and be secure in that. It was both because they cared for her, but also for political purposes.

I'm not mad that he basically told her to give up and find someone to marry. She is what they made her, and he doesn't expect her to be anything else. He also likely can't stand to send a nineteen year old sheltered princess with no skills whatsoever to kill what is supposed to be a nigh-unstoppable demon lord who just trapped him in ice after stealing his "heart", and toppling their kingdom. Honestly, if I was one of the characters in this story, I wouldn't expect anything from her either. It's obvious how this story should go as a reader, but as a character in the story I would be no different than the ministers in not believing she could do anything. I mean, she can't even lift a sword, and was pushed to tears just by being called an idiot. At nineteen years old.

So no, I don't blame her at all. I don't blame him for basically telling her to give up and find a way to survive, and to live in happiness. I DO blame her family for not preparing her to even somewhat lead a kingdom in the event of an emergency, for coddling her her whole life, and for basically enabling this event to happen in the first place by catering to her wishes no questions asked, at the expense of quite literally the entire kingdom, if not the world.

Oh my god. I hate her brother. How could he do that to her?? The sword was right. It is her brother's fault for pampering her too much. He can't even stop pampering her at this critical moment.

Oh but I do disagree with the comments focusing on the marriage part of her brother's speech. The worst part here is that the brother just told his sister to give up on the world and his life to go live happily ever after. Which is something I'd normally love to hear if the world wasn't ending and she wasn't someone who could do something to save it.

Story-wise I kinda like this...
I mean it means whatever she chooses to do from now on it's out of her own personal willpower, and that's honestly more investing than if someone had told her to slay the demon king.

But like character-wise um wtf to her brother... like okay I understand the commenters who are saying it's not easy to tell your family to go risk their lives, but it's just irritating given that he apologizes for coddling her and leaving her ignorant to the world, but then goes and just does it again. Like if he truly was sorry, you'd think he would try to change that?

Sigh, I understand why he said what he said, but that doesn't not make me want to smack him. (also the gender role implications of her needing to marry a man to be happy pisses me off)

Users who are viewing this thread