Project Time

on Nov 21
Celebrating Two-Years Scanlating!
Holy S***…

Another year has gone by already?! It felt like I was typing a post similar to this only a few months ago! Despite everything that’s happened this year, same as our first one, this year has been something special… To think we’ve grown so much over the course of a single year is out-of this-world!

For such a feat, we had to go all out. We weren’t content with releasing a mere 20 chapters and calling that a ‘batch’. This year we’ll be doing a 7-day long batchathon which tops our biggest batch by almost double! So, for the next 7 days, chapters will be released (at least) an hour apart after the first release that day. Staggering releases like this should (hopefully) keep our reader from dying.

next day Nov 22
[Update] Upgrade Status
Improvements and upgrades are underway.

As we already have a new database/reader 80% complete on a different server, the batchathon will be delayed so that we can finish, setup and transfer onto it. Additional image servers will be coming shortly to further performance and stability.

At this moment in time, I can’t say with certainty the length of the delay. We could be back up and running as soon as the 24th if things go smoothly.

Thank you for your understanding.

today Nov 26
Nothing.........

P.S.
FEAR St. Elmo's Fire ?

why the hell put out a non existing chap that will be readable in 8 days when nothing has been said on yalls site or discord @Lymus

The One
Staff
Admin
@DakuTatsu

1. I'm not involved with Champion, i just upload the chapters so that they get to mangadex as early as possible.
2. Champ requested a 2weeks delay for all future chapters.
3. What do you mean with non-existing?

@lymus there discord has no release note of the chapter no info on it at all

"Improvements and upgrades are underway.

As we already have a new database/reader 80% complete on a different server, the batchathon will be delayed so that we can finish, setup and transfer onto it. Additional image servers will be coming shortly to further performance and stability.

At this moment in time, I can’t say with certainty the length of the delay. We could be back up and running as soon as the 24th if things go smoothly.

Thank you for your understanding." via https://championscans.com/2018/11/22/update-upgrade-status/

plys the discord is locked down and was posted on the 24th puting out a heads up b4 they post it on there site when its not up and no info on the delay of the site is bad

Why does it feel like a lot of the recent chapter updates by Champion scans on several mangas are either late or reuploads? I am pretty sure i've read most of the recent chapters already within the last 2 months.

You know I've been following this group for two years and I have to say without a doubt they are the MOST frustrating group I've ever had the displeasure of following.
This group goes dark all the time sometimes going months without posting anything. Their Batch releases are just months of them holding onto chapters for some reason. On top of that their site goes down right before another batch release after the 2nd or 3rd time they've migrated their hosting.For some reason they wont post their chapters on another site while they're migrating and we just have to wait even longer. You have to ask yourself after awhile if its just gross incompetence or actual malicious intent. All this great work they do and they are just unbearably slow with barely any communication. I would read worse quality translations if it meant getting a chapter more than once every two to three months even on the monthly releases.
Do yourselves a favor don't read anything they translate because odds are you might not see another chapter off it for three months if your lucky.
Now let me just preempt all the responses of "they do it for free or why dont you do it yourself then huh?"
I wish I could I simply do not care enough or have enough time to spare to do something like this.
As of this post their last release was on the 22nd of november. They decided to not release any chapters (except joint projects) up until their anniversary release and after experiencing numerous problems in the past which they dont learn from for some reason their reader shit itself and they decided to migrate the site again or something lord knows. We received an a brief update on the 5th. So far we've been waiting over three weeks for them to migrate their site during which they could have release the chapters here or something.

This was the only place I could find to leave a comment like this as their discord rooms are locked and I could not find a way to comment on their site, I doubt many people will read it.
If any other groups are reading this I know there's this stupid honor code that some scan groups follow but honestly if you have a group and feel like it translate some of their projects go ahead. It'll probably take them three months to find out.
TLDR:
Dont bother with this group. Dont get your hopes up to they are slow, they are very inconsistent, they dont communicate well, and to be honest I think they get off on watching us wait for months while they have huge backlogs of chapters they could release.

Dex-chan lover
@Adasura
I read it all and agree. They horde translations for arbitrary reasons, but will not release them because of "viewership being low". Which only occurs because they've held them for 7 months. The only time I've seen them perform adequately is when someone begins a project they've seemingly shelved and claim it being "sniped".

I'm honestly expecting them to revive once the vultures start taking titles.

Dex-chan lover
Oi, are you wankers alive or should someone else pick up your projects?

I wouldn't even be surprised anymore if they decided to postpone everything to christmas just make the release seem like a christmas present at this point

Fed-Kun's army
hello do you think you'll continue naze boku no sekai wo daremo ?

IF THERE Site is going to be down for so long WHY NOT JUST Release on This site while they fix it ??????? Like other sites do ???
THEY SAID THEY WERE GOING TO DO Batchathon OVEr A MONTH AGO but NOOOOOOO have to update site first. It feels like scam to take donations before going awall....
Tomorrow is Christmas and still nothing :mad:

"Taking longer than expected due to time constraints"
what does that even mean ???

FEAR St. Elmo's Fire ?

I was hoping they'd say something at least on christmas but nope. Any groups out there wanna take there projects? They might come out of hiding if you do a few chapters.

Save us from them

Fed-Kun's army
Naze Boku no Sekai wo Daremo Oboeteinai no ka? will you continue it ?

@Adasura
We're agreeing that it's taking too long with the site so we planned to release chapters on the old one or on something like MD but we are currently not able to have access to our finished chapters because of reasons.
There are a shit ton of chapters ready but we're just not able to release them because of it
We're sorry we haven't released anything since the first day of the batchathon and I'll be back again, if there are still no releases soon, with more info

Users who are viewing this thread