PS5 Preorders!

So who got lucky and got theirs? In the U.K. it was rather ridiculous but luckily I managed! Anyone had a bad experience with it?

Double-page supporter
Meh. I can wait a year or two and save myself $200. Or perhaps I should make it 3 years and just get PS5 Pro instead + Demon's Souls bundle.

Dex-chan lover
I am convinced that the only valid reason to get a PS5/Xbox S is to see it lag playing EDF

Dex-chan lover
Yeah i'm also in the wait for a year or two camp no point in getting it now since it's overpriced with a barren catalog.

Group Leader
Only thing interesting is the SSD. Besides that, eh, not much. Haven't seen much of its performance, though, but not that it bothers me much. Never felt like buying consoles when they first come out, either.

Contributor
@sterven
Yeah i'm also in the wait for a year or two camp no point in getting it now since it's overpriced with a barren catalog.
Millions around the world suffer from PTSD. (Playstation Triple Stress Disorder)

Dex-chan lover
@justforthelulz
No kidding I still have nightmares from getting my ps4 at launch only to find out it wasn't backwards compatible.
tenor.gif

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
@sterven
Is the PlayStation4 (The console) Backwards Compatible now? Or does it only play PlayStation4 games?

¿Te lo escribo en español también o nah?

Dex-chan lover
@RIchman
Nah you can only play ps4 games (discs) on it they re-released a bunch of classics as digital so people would stfu but honestly it's not the same. As for the PS5 its been stated that its backwards compatible with ps4 so there's that.

Staff
Super Moderator
@sterven
That's a little sad, I mean, PlayStation is older than Xbox, I think it should be backwards compatible with all generations, it has a big legacy. (Although there is also the pirate way of doing stuff lol)

Dex-chan lover
@Richman
Tell me about it man I was devastated when I found out since I had a huge library of games that I couldn't play at all on my new console thankfully I still had my ps3 but yeah after that fiasco it made me rethink getting shit on day 1.

Staff
Super Moderator
@sterven
Yeah, I didn't get an Xbone until late 2015-2016 after the controversy, until it broke last year (or was it this year? Jesus, 2020 is horrible) and had to replace it with an XboneS. I'm gonna wait on the XSX because the only game I care about is Halo Infinite.

Dex-chan lover
@Richman
I didn't get an Xbone until late 2015-2016 after the controversy, until it broke last year (or was it this year? Jesus, 2020 is horrible) and had to replace it with an XboneS.
Lucky I had to replace my first ps4 back in 2014 then again this year. How yours even break? My first one was because I dropped it and my second one I hulk smashed it during a blind fit of rage (it kept auto ejecting discs so id take me out of the game completely).

Staff
Super Moderator
@sterven
The biggest loss was the 2 accounts of my friends (which i don't speak to now :) that allowed me to play Bioshock Infinite and some other games.

Dex-chan lover
@Richman
Surprised to say I still havent played a single Bioshock game even though I have some in my library.

Staff
Super Moderator
@sterven
I've only played infinite, it was a weird experience because I wasn't used to the controls, but after a while, it gets real exciting. Personally, i think Bioshock 1 is the better one in terms of story telling. Can't say anything about gameplay.

Users who are viewing this thread