Pumpkin Night

Gap

@Alphred People like you are funny. This manga is a shitshow and Chillock rightfully gave it the memeworthy translations in a suitable way. A bunch of other people enjoy this as is. It's true that the translations aren't accurate in the sense that they aren't literal, but all the nuances and emotions are conveyed and you still understand the plot + characterisation just fine.

Keep crying about how he uses 'despicable words!!!' Suddenly if blacks are mentioned then we're all racists!!! Chillock's racist!!! And it just got to be the blacks to justify racism. Bless your butthurt sensitive souls.

Alright. People say the translator is racist. This means I need to take my black ass through the entire manga and see for myself.

edit: I did a speed read of the last ten chapters. Not seeing the racist stuff in the translations. Am I missing something? Is it the use of the N word against asian characters? If it is then that makes zero sense.

Group Leader
tenor.gif

My headcanon is that the original author realizes how ridiculous this entire story is, and the memes are a direct translation from the source material.

@Bullfrog098 Ah long as its something more substantial. I thought all of this was because of the N word which I hate people screaming racist about since I say it soooooo often. Talking about Ga and not the Ger slur as well people.

People arent complaining over the translation, thats fine. Its the stuff he put afterwords (which he since deleted) that was racist (and his twitter was chocked full of racism)

The memes aren't a direct translation...Chillock just adds them in....actually, I translated some of it.. Naoko has a weird dialect so she is hard to translate but I got her dialogue down better . It is ridiculous and pretty silly. This is not a spoiler since I haven't given away any story or anything.

I am not going to post anything. I am not a typesetter or a graphics guy at all. And I have no time for that either

You guys realize MangaDex is a fans translation right? @chillock117 has the rights to do whatever he wants and if you guys are complaining, you can either drop this, find another group to pick this up or translate them yourself. You realize these tags of Gore, Horror, Drama, Psychological and Tragedy are messed up and of course racism fits perfectly well. Instead of thinking how offensive chillock117 is with his translation, first, you need to know is that he's chillock117. Second, think about the genres of the story. Third, don't complain if you can't translate them yourself.

The art is about the same...the story has totally changed once they restarted the story again....it went from sorta silly to completely over the top.

The translator posted a meme of a white men doing the whip on top of a racist caricature of a black man with pants sagging at the end of one of these chapters. I was willing to put up with the language used, but that went too far. Clearly have no respect for people of color or their feelings.

Man, these translators have sucked since the beginning and you guys only choose now to complain?
They're fucking worse than the old Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen scanlation team.
We have to put up with a neat story and beautiful art being infested by incels shoehorning incel 4chan and reddit memes in every panel they can.
I'm probably going to see if I can find another group that will pick this up, this shit is whack.

There is going to eventually be an official english translation....I am doing my own translation so it reads more like a horror with a cutesy girly killer (how the author made it) than a b-movie type over-the-top dark comedy. "Hey Chi-ya-ki (Saki), (Keh keh) get ready for your massage!" Zzzt zzzt ...see what I mean?

Users who are viewing this thread