Pumpkin Time - Ch. 10

Waah I'm pretty hooked into the story so far looking forward to the next chap :D

I hope the chapter where Ritsu finds out that his crush is a girl is near. He's gonna realize he turned gay over an actual girl lmaoo.

Jet

@monkry Seems obvious, that he knew from the start, causing that change somehow and all. Would get surprised overwise. Uh, MC got the same name and looks pretty much the same. Hangs out with the same old relative even. Besides, the fella coming to some random different town and getting into the exact same school to boot would be another ungodly coincidence, right? Even if he didn't know (he clearly does), connecting the dots, that they must be related at least would be certain by now.

This shit 100% gae, And the more Gae because he likes his friend who 100% guy, Do not know anything about his whish that can come true or not

??????????? very pushy girl..... -_-;; wuahh i really dislike this old trope of mc helping their rival because they cant refuse... sighh

Okay, I know it's fairly common with manga translations, but that is not how you use the word since in English. "It's not like I fell in love with him since our first meeting." No. Incorrect.

Since implies a continuation, usually from some point in time continuing on to the present time. "Fell in love" is a specific, complete action that cannot continue to the present. It is not proper to say "I fell in love with him since our first meeting". I fell in love with him AT our first meeting. I fell in love with him DURING our first meeting. Even though during also implies a continuation, the context here would have it end when the first meeting ends, so it would be fine. At or during would be much better translations.

/rant I know it's common, but it's a really annoying mistake. Not trying to offend the translators, though; thank you for the work.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Why is that american school so eerily similar to a japanese school?

Supporter
@monkry because appart from the girl uniform he did not change that much and mostly he did give him is old name (the male name) so yeah
I think he can stress on this even if it's for nothing, the mind is pretty great at thinking about useless thing

@Subject003 I Knew It Was A Wish After They Said He Got Turned Into A Girl. Also He Probably Would Of Told Itsuki/Izuki The Wish If It Wasn't About Him Turning Into A Girl.

you're telling me that this japanese transfer kid got multiple confessions at an AMERICAN school?? I wish, but not in this whitewashed society 😔

also i hate when the 'rival' or whatever asks for the MC's help. like girl why are you asking some random that you haven't even known for a day for help??? like what're they going to do? magically become friends with ritsu and play matchmaker? dumb

Dex-chan lover
i’m real curious whether the language was originally gender-neutral or if he was saying he had a girl he liked the whole time

yikes, why would this girl ask for some random girl (i mean, they just met??) help in her love live??

Dex-chan lover
Weird to see people confessing that way in America

Don't think the author understands that American culture isn't really like that

Dex-chan lover
So he is really gae, and i feel weird that american people in this manga confessed like a japanese people lol

Users who are viewing this thread