Pumpkin Time - Ch. 2

Jet

Wow, talk about a respectable translation speed. Keep up the great job! Hope, MC will start playing again soon. The setting is unexpected. Thought, she was intersex, but it's just a fantasy gender change, hm. Shame, author glossed over the changes. Well, nothing comes close to the greatness of Nozomi, huh? It will be rather easy to fool the male lead tbh. Should just wear anything besides skirt.

Group Leader
Wait, so it's not that she was a girl but lived as a boy or that she chose to become transgender girl but that she suddenly became a girl? Tiny bit confused D:

Group Leader
Just want to inform the readers what I know: This chapter just briefly explains Itsuki’s circumstances. I’ve read 20 chapters in and the details behind her gender change is still a mystery. There’s 60+ chapters though, and they’re all equally long so we might have an explanation somewhere... Whether her gender change is scientifically or not? There’s no sci-fi tags in the raws so it might not be that... 🤔 But well, there’s always the possibility the sci-Fi element is so minor in the story that they didn’t bother to put the tag. But regardless, I’m just curious how Ritsu will react once he finds out about Itsuki. 🥺

Dex-chan lover
@skillet Assume "woke up one day as a girl" syndrome until otherwise stated.

Ritsu lookin' fine as all get out with that coming back specifically to find his friend.

Fed-Kun's army
now im curious what happened but thanks for translating this!!

@Jet I thought she'd be intersex too

@FMT_Sayuri Thank you! I'm curious to what will happen next too! Thank you for the update!

I'm curious to see how Ritsu will react and what kind things will come there way.

wow i really love this!! thank you so much for translating this ! its slowly becoming one of my favorite stories!! looking forward to new chapters !

BCS

Dex-chan lover
WUAGOM is weak, but I like the Chad & Trap pairing

The details aren't super specific but this is reading to me as Itsuki (Izumi?) being intersex, not transgender or sci-fi/magic. It does happen irl where a person will be born with visible reproductive anatomy for one sex while internally having different chromosomes/sex characteristics that present later in life (here it's showing up during puberty I think, which does make sense).

Living in the US and being pro LGBTQ it does rub me the wrong way a bit how Itsuki was perfectly happy being a boy, but once he developed female anatomy the story just accepts at face value that he's a girl now. If I knew this kid in real life I'd encourage him to explore his own sense of identity, instead of being forced into female clothes, name, and social role. My expectations for manga on transgender issues are basically zero, though, and this manga is hardly the worst I've seen. On the other hand, I've heard that Japan is not super progressive on LGBTQ issues so maybe this response is normal for Japan?

I'm curious to see how the story treats Itsuki/Izumi going forward.

@amaterasunaps I wouldn’t say that the character is intersex. The mc there’s a lot of references to a sudden change as if it was overnight. Doctors had thought that MC was born a girl, implying they were 100% girl at that point. They went to religions thinking a spirit suddenly changed the body. And the MC has periods which wouldn’t happen in someone who was amab. I would say it’s probably a sudden gender change caused by Ritsuki’s (I think that’s how you spell it) wish.

Okay, I'll try my best to explain the situation for those of you who are confused:
Itsuki was a biological male before becoming biologically female due to unknown circumstances. He is not intersex, nor is he transgender. At this point that's all we know.

Supporter
@amaterasunaps i mean he did not like that if you just go by how he look at himself in the mirror
he did not want to change or be a girl, but he just let it go after years (i mean the cousin would probably not call izumi "itsuki" if the name change append years ago) and second she is biologically femal and she go to school so she must wear the female uniform, i don't know enough japan, if the student can chose what uniform them want (m or f) but i don't think they can

Users who are viewing this thread