Pumpkin Time - Ch. 53

Dex-chan lover
one thing i dont get about this is whether or not what happened to itsuki is common in this world. they didnt come out as trans, they literally morphed spontaneously at some point, right? i assume its an extremely rare thing that no one outside of the medical community would know about, it does make sense why itsuki would not know how to tell ritsu. they're just kids after all, and you cant expect them to think rationally about everything all the time. just something ive been thinking about/wondering while reading this.

these chapters feel so short when we're all on the edge of our seats waiting for the big moment. thanks as always to the translation team.

Maya what do you mean "what did you do", Itsuki wouldn't have even kept it a secret if it wasn't for Maya meddling in their business that she has nothing to do with....

Main character's just so fucking stupid tbh. Just tell her to leave you alone and go talk to ritsu for fuck's sake.

@buffalosauce Yeah I'd like them to explain a bit more, I'm still not certain if she is intersex and the "wish" is just like a framing device, or if this is supposed to be magic, or if it's like that one manga where it's a known thing to biologically metamorphose. Maybe when everything comes out in the end, we will get some more info when Izuki explains to Ritsu.

So to explain what happened here regarding Itsuki/Izuki's gender, it seems to be based on a rare occurrence that can happen in real life. There's a rare disorder where when a child hits puberty, their body begins developing the secondary sexual characteristics of the opposite sex. In these cases, they can either have expensive long-term hormone therapy to correct their development, or they can choose to transition to the opposite gender, with the possibility of corrective surgery to later fully transition. Either option leads to a fairly traumatic life, with decisions of a weight a child is not equipped to deal with. In this way, I feel the story so far is somewhat accurate in that regard, with how heavily it's shaken Izuki's life and personality so far.

oh god, i will just kill this girl!!! and i'm more pissed that she is this stupid!!!!! thanks for the chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread