Q.E.D. iff - Vol. 10 Ch. 19 - Outlaws

Double reveal in one chapter, what a twist indeed

Really like the small touch on page 68 and 88

Dex-chan lover
bit of a plothole in how he got the virus into their pcs to get rich and have enough influence to setup this gathering to begin with.

Also a bit dumb on the dad's part to effectively screw himself over to teach his daughter a "lesson" when it turns out she knew all along he made his money via the virus instead of actually predicting/gambling on the stock market.

@kavinh Touma says in the end the whole teach his daughter a 'lesson' was part of the con so he wouldn't suspect the real reason why he was hired and that his daughter was his con partner as well also there's countless ways to insert a virus in someone's computer (speaking as a IT security expert) and it's implied he's been doing this for years now so it's natural for him to have this much influence.

Dex-chan lover
A bit let down at beginning because of how cliche the daughter apologize. Apparently it's just an acting, cool

I really like the quote "money can solve problems because problems are started by money". Will become one of the quote that I will remember

Dex-chan lover
@johnfox7 ya the whole thing's a con including likely the lie about him having cancer that's why it was kinda stupid he blew his operation just to teach his daughter a lesson.

I mean ya u can insert a virus into a normal person's pc but how do u get it into multiple major corporations to the point where you can have enough information to manipulate the stock market and make himself a billionaire to begin with. remember the main reason he wanted to setup this gameshow was to get information from major ceos with his virus.

It could make sense if we really stretch it but it seems like flimsy background writing.

@kavinh As I said he wasn't teaching his daughter a lesson, the whole lesson thing was just a cover for the con to justify he running the contest in the 1º place, he and his daughter are implied in the final pages to actually be in good terms and are partners in this whole project.
As for the virus part, one thing my teachers constantly told me is that it's actually easier to hack and implant virus in major organizations and corporations due to the fact you only need to find someone in the organization that doens't follow basic online security protocols (again trust me, this is more common than most people believe) and then use their machine to access the whole network which is how most security breaches happen rather then the common misconception of attacking the central computer/network that appear in movies.

Alt

the scene when Toma wipe his face after getting kissed is gold LMAO

Double-page supporter
Ah, so when Touma says "I had no choice but to accept" back there, he meant because it is a golden opportunity to takedown a criminal that probably already been suspected by FBI or similar.

Users who are viewing this thread