Q.E.D. iff - Vol. 12 Ch. 24 - A Moment of Regeneration

Dex-chan lover
Wait, can you really swing an excavator's claw fast enough to launch the body like that?

@vangstampede
@Silfir
I guess it's possible? https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=excavator+swing
It would take more than one rotation though. And I don't know how he would make the body detach after more than one rotation towards a specific direction

Dex-chan lover
lol Touma's just like "sure, I'll shake hands with a double-murderer I just caught, that sounds fine"

Dex-chan lover
I was going to say if he rotates fast enough for long enough the rope it's secured with would surely snap... but didn't he hurl the body in a specific direction?

It kind of feels like the author had planned for the locked room aspect to be a more important to the case, realized they're running out of pages, and that's the best thing they could come up with as the deadline loomed.

Dex-chan lover
@Silfir
@PFunkX

Just asking for fun. Is there a construction machinery that can work like a trebuchet? The culprit could have the rope snapped beforehand, and with a trebuchet, the culprit could launch the corpse in the direction they want and plan it so the corpses lands in the location the culprit wants too, like say, the locked room.

Dex-chan lover
The flung corpse had no broken bones that would make investigators suspicious or anything?

Dex-chan lover
yes there are no broken bones? I guess we havent exactly got the details of the corpse

thanks as always!!!!

Bro just yeeted the body and 1. It didn’t leave any marks that would’ve made people suspicious and 2. Landed in a construction site

Dex-chan lover
@Silfir construction rope is stronk because it will need to be able to hold heavy materials.
plus, no need for it to be THAT fast. only need to fling it upwards. the 1 hour travel time is because it's a mountainous area. but if you can travel vertically, it'd be like 10 minutes or something

Fed-Kun's army
There is a possibility that if there were any broken bones, they simply chalked it up to the body falling off the tree they presumed it was hanging from. Poorly done autopsies are a thing, especially if they are already biased towards the suicide conclusion.

Group Leader
People that mentions the autopsy of the 17 year old corpse: it literally said that he was cremated without an autopsy. Nothing about a badly done autopsy, it wasn't done at all.

Fed-Kun's army
@ADarkDrop
It seems my mind simply went over that information, because it's so odd. Usually all suspicious deaths have to have an autopsy done, even if it was locked room, to just cremate him without investigation is a serious matter.

Group Leader
@fatto_catto, it was 17 years ago. Obviously I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if things worked different in universe back then. They also had it in their head that it was a suicide, exactly because of the locked room they figured it was locked by the victim before he killed himself.

Meo

Dex-chan lover
@fatto_catto : I am not sure about the Japanese justice system but perhaps it was already deemed a cold case the moment the body was discovered.

The body was found 14 years ago (so it was just rotting there for 3 years). The fact that someone went missing for 3 years and no report was filed made the police deem it a "cold case" and did not put in much effort (because no one was around to demand effort to be put in).

Dex-chan lover
At the end, I guess the girl was thinking "I shouldn't have asked for Touma to come. Now, my bf's dad is in prison instead."

Users who are viewing this thread