Qualia the Purple

Fed-Kun's army
One of the few manga I've ever given a perfect ten to. It starts out sweet, becomes mind boggling complex and ends somewhere completely different than you thought it was going based on the description and first few chapters. Absolutely epic.

1 word : Amazing.

This manga seems like Exact copy of the novel, well the illustrator of novel is the mangaka for this work too. U wont miss anything if u r not reading the novel actually, all the plot is here. It feels like i read a novel with full illustration. Nice

Dex-chan lover
I can't said if it's a yuri manga with quantic physic or quantic physic manga with yuri. Either way i'm too much confused to give a note because the second half lost me when they start talking quantic physic and Gaku starting to some weird sh*t. It's not really bad but it certainly while make you had a headache.

Some parts of this kind of 'lost' me... But in the end, I doubt there's many authors who could do a better job with these kinds of topics.
As in, this was an ambitious story to tell, and while I don't consider it flawless, I still consider it quite impressive.
If you feel some parts of it get a bit 'flat'... Stick with it, trust me.

Shouldn't be tagged "Tragedy" as the ending is actually pretty happy.

Starts off slow, but gets REALLY good in the middle/end. Also the story is really cute.

Supporter
I have only ever given 2 manga a perfect 10: This, and Helck. This story is one of the greatest literary works I've ever read.

Contributor
@wasserplane:

Which ending? :'p
I mean we got to see dozens of endings to this story, really. The majority were tragic, and it's not clear if only one, or all of them, happened.

Whether this is a tragedy or not can get pretty philosophical really quickly (or even whether it is knowable as to whether this is overall a tragedy, we can get into epistemological territory here too).

It's not even 100% clear whether the final chapter's ending note is happy or not—the letter at the end thematically honours the possibility that it's unknowable whether they're on a Bad End route for Yukari again; they're basically blindly trusting in the power of friendship and codependence to get them through at this point, after all.

Anyway with how murky that all gets—I'm inclined to say that anyone not ready for a tragedy is not ready to read this, so the tag might as well stay. I personally wouldn't quite add the tag if it was missing, but I'm not inclined to remove it when it's already here, either.

It definitely isnt the main thing to take away from the story (or quite possibly even a thing), but dont you get jealous of all the different lives that Gaku [basically]* got to experience?

*all is data once the moment has passed

This is what you get if you eat a 1000mg edible while binging Neil deGrasse Tyson video's on youtube with Japanese auto-captions on.
10/10 would recommend

Alright I gotta say, that was one wild fucking ride, but super enjoyable and cool. Steins Gate meets Code Geass meets Gurren Lagann in overall emotional feel and scale. Alice is best girl, GakuxYukari for life.

Fed-Kun's army
I give it a light 8/10. Some pretty unique and interesting concepts and a decent atmosphere, but a bit lacking in pacing and plotting comparatively. Especially with the rampant exposition dumps.
I was really disappointed we never saw Yukari's POV though. I could kinda tell from the designs of the model kits that the author wasn't good at mechanical design but still.

Group Leader
Ill be honest. My mind broke trying to understand everything that was going on, so I only got the uh, gist?, of everything.
But I'll say this. Probably not the kind of manga for me. But try it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread