[Question] Am I allowed to upload missing chapters? :not a bug: and they're "missing" for a reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
So, I've been reading manga on different sites for years but so far mangadex has the best collection of them all.
But sadly some manga series have missing chapters which are available on other mangasites, but aren't uploaded for some reason.

I was wondering if it was possible if I can make a group on mangadex for specifically uploading missing chapters. I don't know if it's even needed, but my question basically is:

Am I allowed to upload missing chapters of series done by other scanlators or translators?

I'll give credit where it's due ofcourse.

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@readeronthedot

The vast, vast majority of the time, there's a reason the chapters aren't uploaded.

Do not upload chapters from aggregator sites. They strip the credit from releases, making it difficult to identify the creator.

There is no reason to create a group for missing chapters, because every chapter must be uploaded under the correct group; i.e. whatever group released it in the first place. Lots of groups are locked, for various reasons, and creating a group to get around that isn't the solution.

Link me a series and I'll explain why they're missing.

Group Leader
This is a one of them that I was reading. Missing from 3 up until 59.

<I Might Be a fake Cultivator> https://mangadex.org/title/46538/i-might-be-a-fake-cultivator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread