Radiant - Vol. 13 Ch. 100 - The Conversos

Rol

Group Leader
@alacaelum
Some are on the map (like Septentrium and Inlandsis) while others are not (Country Up Above, Empire of Fileri and Kumhere Lands).
And yeah it is a strange name, I don't know if it means the country is just up north or if it's literally even higher than the other islands.

Dex-chan lover
The wait is doubly painful whenever it ends on a cliffhanger.

We finally have a name and a backstory for the Inquisitor Sorcerers. It's strange to think that the infected can only become a Conversos through major heroic acts, leaving the Inquisition with only four.

I'm liking the variety of these new inquisitors. The Inlandsis ones are the most bizarre of the bunch, and it strange to think that Santia isn't even an infected with that appearance of hers.

Piodon, or Syrdon, is an even bigger asshole now for cutting that reunion short.

@alacaelum I can read in french, and I did read the Q&As. From what I remember, they were mostly personal questions to the author, and most story related questions were still vaguely answered. So chances are, Tony Valente will explain it all later in the series. Heck, there's still a lot we don't know. We only just got why Piodon works for the Inquisitors despite being infected. How many other brothers does Seth have? What did happen in the first war between humans and sorcerers? When did Nemesis start appearing? Will the pixies come back if Fantasia is abundant again?

Dex-chan lover
I loved that moment Seth and Ocoho had in the Sidh before Piodon ruined it, the explanation for the conversos Seth gave was on point, and these new characters look fun too. A lot of mysteries and new questions to think about until next volume
Can't wait to see what'll happen next! Thanks for translating this!!

For who's reading both, didn't you all get that same "One Piece-feeling" where when new wacky characters are introduced and you're, like, "this is unwatchable", but after few more chapters you find those designs pretty normal? Yeah, Santia. You.

Now that we are at chapter 100 I can proudly say Radiant may be my favorite shounen I've read in a while and also I already love Enga and wanna protect her

@Tersione

According to Seth, the Conversos aren't there as some sort of super-elite-use-their-power-against-their-owns units, like, for example, the EVA in Evangelion. They are used to show how tolerant the inquisition is, and how anyone could join, if they can show their worth.

Dex-chan lover
@Khraxter Seth's point of view about the Conversos is very enlightening and makes sense, but it's still his point of view, nonetheless. He doesn't have enough information on the Inquisition yet until Dragunov can dig something up and share it with him, or he gets some juicy info from a different party like the domitors or inquisitors like Sargon, or perhaps even Grimm himself.

From a practical standpoint, the sorcerers are too versatile and useful to not be used more often. If they're worried about their image, more sorcerers willingly under their service would be better for PR. Alternatively, they could just secretly use sorcerers for more shadowy operations like wetworks without letting people know that they're using them.

In any case, we might see the reason for the dearth of sorcerers working for the inquisition in the next volume. Well, aside from most of the inquisition having the reputation of being absolute pieces of shit when it comes to treating sorcerers and infected in general.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I CAUGHT UP SOMEONE SHOOT ME D:<
Started reading only a few days ago and I completely adore this manga~ every ch feels like a cliffhanger and I feel like waiting with this one will be *pain* welp xD

Based on some of the comments I've seen manga fans don't seem supa happy with the anime that sucks like heck. Guess I'll watch anyways though to appease my cliffhanger pain a lil' lol

definitely interested to learn more about some of these new inquisitor characters and the regions they are from. Hopefully we get a new volume in the not too too distant future.

Dex-chan lover
@fabreg Update wise, it has reached the original source but story wise, it's still going to continue.

Users who are viewing this thread