Radiant - Vol. 14 Ch. 105 - Emeth

Dex-chan lover
The spread pages of this manga are... "chef kiss"... perfection.

Dex-chan lover
Just one chapter after another of Seth showing off how much of a badass he's become, and this is him just trying to escape. Judging by Lupa's words and the size of that tree, the Inquisitors would've been fucked if he cared about their lives any less.

Was the wood ability explained or hinted before? Or is this the first time we are seeing it?

@tprat , the wood ability was used since Caelsin. Myrrdin gave Seth a bracelet made from the same material of the woods. I think it helps him gather fantasia to create plants outside of the forest.

@tprat He learned it when he trained with Myr. He used it to beat Santori back in chapter 67.

Edit: Since someone beat me to the response, I'll just add that it's nice to see Seth adopt Myr's philosophy that fantasia should be used for creation, not destruction. It seems like his fighting style is throwing off the inquisition a lot - they're used to someone just trying to blast them and don't expect trees to start growing everywhere. Seems like that's the only way Seth was really able to trick Emeth there.

Dex-chan lover
read this
and honestly i gotta say
i really hope this doesn't get a season 3
i watched season 1 and season 2
both disappointments and when it comes down to action alot of the environmental interaction gets cut out
b/c its too much to animate
and Lerche isn't willing to get big names with the big schedules to consistently work on it
just what comes to mind

Double-page supporter
I don't see why he thinks this wouldn't have hurt/killed people.
Anyway, shame that the bowlcut asshole didn't get fucked over too. Hopefully he gets fucked over but I doubt it given how this looks to go.

Dex-chan lover
“ Fantasia isnt just an art of destruction, it can also be used to create!”
Procedures to create a tree that appears to have bursted its way through everything that was in its way, most likely causing injuries if not fatalities.
Probably better then blowing them but still probably woulda been better ways to escape in a pacific manner if that’s his goal.

Aggregator gang
Our protagonist has become that "half good power half evil power" trope that's much too common and usually done poorly.

However, rather than a "half angel half devil" thing, it's "half fae half devil", which despite being a minor change makes it really refreshing. Plus it's a sign of Seth's character growth and new self restraint rather than the author trying to make a born-special Mary Sue who's just like every other born-special Mary Sue.

also I am all on board for a cute shorthaired sometimes-glasses girl ally

Users who are viewing this thread