Radiant

Dex-chan lover
A French One Piece knockoff with an idiot lead, but it's actually really good classic shounen that feels like it popped right out of Jump.
I'm enjoying it far more than I expected.

@Northern One Piece? Seems more Fairy Tail or Naruto related to me. Maybe Rave Master since it's a sort of middle ground between Fairy Tail and One Piece?

Really good classic shounen indeed tho, although the tone makes me feel like it's more of mix of jump and the Nanatsu no Taizai magazine, with some elements neither have.

It's so painful to read... I'm still going to read a little bit further considering the nice comments about this mango, I hope they are right

Power Uploader
Meanwhile, I have absolutely no idea of what the anime is doing. After 9 episodes there's still no mention of Rumble Town and we've just spend 3 filler episodes on Yaga's training, which was like 2 chapters in the manga… Did the screenwriters go to the Black Clover School of Dragging Shit Out?

@KittyFlan I don't know where you are in the story, but if you don't like it you probably shouldn't force yourself. The story does get better and better, but I'm speaking a French fan who's read the volumes in paper and in their original language, which is completely different from reading the scans… Maybe you should try reading the official English volumes to have a better experience?

Just to comment on the criticisms of this manga: I think that the beginning chapters are seen as a bit bad mostly because the Main Character can be a bit unlikable. To list some examples: Seth (the MC) has pissed on people, called a villain gay, and can be a bit of a prick. Now, if the author meant to make the MC a rash, lovable idiot (like Luffy) this would be bad writing. However, I think the bigger problem is that he breaks shounen tropes in ways that are often a bit uncomfortable, though I'd say Seth's actions are more accurate for an immature not-so-innocent teen. I'd mostly chalk this up to the French writer.

That said, this manga really hits its stride when it focuses on story arcs and other characters. I think if you start reading under the assumption that you're not supposed to like the MC, the start is far more tolerable. The art is great. The character design is great. The world is interesting and seems fairly complex. The storyline so far has a few decent surprises without ever seeming cliche. Personally, I ddon't mind MC and recommend you try reading it up into the Rumble Town Arc to see if you still like it.

Group Leader
@Maltahawk I don't understand why do you say that Seth is not likable, i mean, i think you may be didn't understood the context of your examples : Yeah Seth has pissed on people, but it was for save Taj who was about to be burn by the people of Rumble Town just because he was an infected. It's a parallel to the Seth's path, when he was about to be burn by the peasantry and Alma saved him by spiting on them, and i think you know the rest : the joke with "who want to join the infected club ?". And he didn't called Konrad gay, he implied that Konrad were may be in love with him to make him rage, because Konrad is homophobic, and it was a way to moke his homophobia and to ridicule this awful character . I don't see in what he is a prick, a saved the whole Northern Suburbs and his inhabitants from this freak of Konrad who wanted to kill all of them just because they were foreign, he hit Mr Zehd to allow to his family to be protected by the Inquisitors, he save the whole inhabitants of his Pompo hills whereas they were totally bastards with him. I mean, the goal of this MC is to save people, it's the only reason why he seek the Radiant, so that nobody will be hurt by a Nemesis, just like the inhabitants of the Northern Suburb who came to Rumble Town because gigantics Nemeses fell on their islands. He don't want to live the tragedy of Rumble Town again, that's why he seek the Radiant. But it was interesting to hear your opinion about the series, and i hope you will enjoy the following chapters ^^
Ps : Since the chapter 14, we have an english proofreader for a better quality, hope you find the chapter better with his help ^^

I wish the official English release wasn't so slow to come out because I've loved every page I've read so far and the characters and world are a blast.

Meanwhile, the anime's a complete shit show which constantly dodges around the main plot and even the character personalities themselves. I'm a little disappointed in what they've done with it because something like the Radiant anime should represent something HUGE for creators and aspiring creators. The very fact that a foreigner has managed to make a manga successful enough to gain its own anime adaptation is huge in itself, however for some bizarre reason, they've changed so much in the anime that it might as well not actually BE a Radiant anime and I feel it's actually rather disrespectful to the author to change so much.

Expected to see story about girl from cover art, and only her. What a disapointment

Fed-Kun's army
Oh god, why the hell French people have so much talent for making comics... It's like they know what they are doing and don't just put random drawing inside the boxes. It's not a suberb story, but compared to how typical western manga-like comics look like, it's good.

@orochijes not as much as Korean (Nobless and ToG exclude) and US ones.

Tikibo
Check out the Wakfu series. The French really knows how to tell a story. Not just through comic but through cartoons as well.

Power Uploader
@Archiver Funny that Wakfu started as a prequel to the story of Dofus, who was originally a video game, and Wafku was also a video game at some point x)
Ankama strikes again!

Wakfu is a sequel, not a prequel to dofus. I like Grimm quite a bit so far. Mostly because designwise he reminds me of Nox from Wakfu who is easily the best character in the series

so they're gonna show a badass looking motherfucker like that in the cover pic and then the mc is just a mix of every bad feature from every mainstream manga with a shitty kid as an mc

Rol

Group Leader
Well I changed the page cover to the 1st volume cover to avoid this kind of thing but someone changed it back, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also I guess you should have read the description.

Yeah man, definitely tricked more than a few times.

Would be nice to have these guys as the mc instead.

Users who are viewing this thread