Rain - Vol. 18 Ch. 98 - It's a small world (conclusion)

Aggregator gang
Wow tought he was strong but so strong as to just destroy a mountain range is something else.

Dex-chan lover
This is fucked up. What possible reason could there be to keep this fake around? I get that Fine and the others don't want Rain to do it, since it would be messed up, but why the hell won't the others do it? It's not Rain, no matter what.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone
He technically IS Rain. While it may as well just be a doll made for a failed assassination, it has all of Rain's real memories- the very thing which makes a person said person.

Dex-chan lover
What the shit just happened? Like 5 new OP powers outta nowhere. Rain like an isekai-er that actually worked for it.
@cor3zone
Actually I can’t see any reason not to let him live though? New lifeform, Trek rules. They don’t just shoot transporter clones out an air lock.
At the end of the day it’s one more strong guy to fight the final boss (whatever that may be).

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion
No, it's not Rain. What makes a person is being; a person is a process. The instant he was created, and started experiencing things, he became not-Rain. Rain is Rain because of everything he did, thought, experienced. This fake hasn't done, thought, or experienced the same, so he's not Rain.

Have you played Soma? A copy of a person is no longer the same person. Even if Rain died, this copy would never be Rain. Only not-Rain.

@Rozzak
More like one more strong guy to get in Rain's way. You forget that Rain's whole deal is he wants to be dead. The copy inherited that. They literally just tried to kill eachother.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone
You used Soma as your example, yet I too can use it as my own. The main character, stays the same through out the entirety of the game. Yes, each time he is a new body, he is technically a new variant of Simon Jarrett. But he is still Simon Jarrett even through the end. It's just memories being moved- like files on hard drives. Little Rain Big Adventures is, also, one of those variants. He is Rain as a young boy. There is no change to him, he isn't being mind controlled, his memories are not altered. He is Tiny Rain on the Prairie.

I will, however, agree with you on the fact that as of his "birth", he will now become something that isn't Rain. A deviant.

But no matter what type of deviant he becomes. He will still have Rain in the name. So, to argue your original idea, no one is going to kill him solely because he bares the moniker. And he will likely continue to live in till he learns to let go of the resentment in his own, now unique way.

Dex-chan lover
@Vasqueztion
That's the thing though. Even if he has the name 'Rain', he'll never be Rain, the Rain. The moment he left the path Rain took, the moment they split, he became an entirely different person. No matter his past or name, he is no longer the Rain people in this time know and love/hate.

My argument wasn't to kill him because of what he is, it was to kill him because of what he will do. He already showed hostility towards Rain's allies, even if no one was hurt he still took hostile action against them. He already tried to kill the actual Rain. He is working with someone that stands completely against everything Rain is working for, someone that already acted on their intent to harm Rain and his allies. Everything about the fake's current actions works against Rain, so why the hell wouldn't they kill him? Misguided sentimentality.

Fed-Kun's army
Well i'm just glad this crappy arc is over, though im dreading the day when they reintroduce them to the plot.

Dex-chan lover
Can please just kill off Claire and her Team rocket tier group. Ffs we even got ded ghost girls protecting clone rain from rain. Like I can't wait for this nothing group to do nothing again.

Dex-chan lover
It's funny to me how people forget the grim reaper warning and the tidbits of the two sides of Rain's sword at the very beginning of this arc.

God, the Claire buch are the very incarnation of "how many times do we have to teach you this lesson, old man."

Of course we all know that the girl whose death rain feels guilty of is not dead, she will probably appear later to stir trouble in shellfa's heart

Users who are viewing this thread