Raise wa Tanin ga Ii - Vol. 8 Ch. 34 - Your Lover, Your Weapon, Your Substitute [4]

Thank you somuch for uploading cant wait to finally read the 35 and 36 chapters ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Dex-chan lover
I would be satisfied seeing bullies get beat up so violently,if the one beating up wasn't a clinically insane kid who was doing this to get himself trashed. I don't think even mental hospital would work for a guy who hanged himself because he fkin enjoys it

Group Leader
And that's why you don't bully people, boys and girls: you never know whether the victim won't turn out to be a deranged martial arts prodigy.

@Bok3tto I don't know if you (or anyone else) will have any insights on this, but I thought I'd ask.

In Chapter 16.1 Kirishima tells Yoshino his birthday is in (late) November. (I knew September was wrong immediately because he's almost a Scorpio and that suits him so much better, lmao.) In this chapter he tells Otogawa his birthday is September 8th.

I know this could just be a continuity error (or related to indecision about Kirishima's birthday earlier) but any thoughts on who he'd be lying to and why if it wasn't a mistake?

My first instinct was he was lying to Otogawa, but it would be very weird for him to just randomly lie like that. I mean, he is very weird, but I don't know if we have evidence baby Kirishima was that kind of weird. He did say a day that had already passed, so maybe he just didn't want her to celebrate his birthday when it did come. That doesn't really feel right, but I guess it's part of his history with women and the implication could be that he lies because he doesn't really care about Otogawa? (Yoshino even tells him in 16.1 everything he says sounds like a lie.)

At the same time, the conversation with Yoshino was pretty sincere, he jokes about moving his birthday to June to be more compatible with her before admitting it is in November after all, and later (28.3) Yoshino gives him an early birthday gift and he says he wants to celebrate birthdays with her for a lifetime.

Is there any official profile for Kirishima that says which one it is? I know Konishi-sensei celebrated Yoshino's canon birthday with art. (ETA: looks like the wiki lists his birthday as November 13, a Scorpio instead of Sagittarius like he says in 16.1, so I'm assuming there's an official profile out there somewhere that says this? The plot thickens.)

(Yes, I'm going insane over birthdays, sue me. I will interpret crumbs for this series if I must!!!)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
@Bok3tto I don't know if you (or anyone else) will have any insights on this, but I thought I'd ask.

In Chapter 16.1 Kirishima tells Yoshino his birthday is in (late) November. (I knew September was wrong immediately because he's almost a Scorpio and that suits him so much better, lmao.) In this chapter he tells Otogawa his birthday is September 8th.

I know this could just be a continuity error (or related to indecision about Kirishima's birthday earlier) but any thoughts on who he'd be lying to and why if it wasn't a mistake?

My first instinct was he was lying to Otogawa, but it would be very weird for him to just randomly lie like that. I mean, he is very weird, but I don't know if we have evidence baby Kirishima was that kind of weird. He did say a day that had already passed, so maybe he just didn't want her to celebrate his birthday when it did come. That doesn't really feel right, but I guess it's part of his history with women and the implication could be that he lies because he doesn't really care about Otogawa? (Yoshino even tells him in 16.1 everything he says sounds like a lie.)

At the same time, the conversation with Yoshino was pretty sincere, he jokes about moving his birthday to June to be more compatible with her before admitting it is in November after all, and later (28.3) Yoshino gives him an early birthday gift and he says he wants to celebrate birthdays with her for a lifetime.

Is there any official profile for Kirishima that says which one it is? I know Konishi-sensei celebrated Yoshino's canon birthday with art. (ETA: looks like the wiki lists his birthday as November 13, a Scorpio instead of Sagittarius like he says in 16.1, so I'm assuming there's an official profile out there somewhere that says this? The plot thickens.)

(Yes, I'm going insane over birthdays, sue me. I will interpret crumbs for this series if I must!!!)
A lot of mangaka use birthdays to inform a character so when you have a character lie-- seemingly or otherwise-- when he's in his 'villain era' it's worth discussing, imo.

The Japanese volume 2 (printed 2018 and again in 2021) came with a little 'fanbook' that lists Yoshino's birth month, not day, and nothing for Kirishima which says to me Konishi was still working that out or wanted to keep it vague for purposes of the story. On 11/12/22 Konishi tweeted a picture of a balloon arrangement a fan sent for his birthday that had a card that said 11/13 and I feel like she could have been reveling in a misdirect, but on the other hand maybe it's just that simple and his birthday is 11/13. The fandom wiki lists that date probably based on the tweet.

Kirishima is not an outright liar when it comes to Yoshino. Basing this on his reaction to Yoshino saying their signs are incompatible-- he does sound like a liar, but then he walks it back and says 'Kidding, it's November', which says to me he's being honest because if she believes he's a bad match and he knows it too then why hide it. He's also honest when he brings up the visit to Sumire as a favor in lieu of a birthday gift, in his wide-eyed reaction to the gift Yoshino actually gave him, the way he tells her that he took Tsubaki's advice, and that he trusts Sumire to give an honest account of who he is from her perspective. He had to have known Sumire would have some really damning things about him and he let her do it-- he didn't, it appears, call her ahead of time, and afterwards he didn't apologize or try to explain anything away. That's about as honest as you can get.

Konishi tweeted that she enjoyed finally getting to draw Kirishima lying with a smile in this particular chapter and I think his little grin to Otogawa was in that tweet which lends creedence to the argument that he was lying to her, but not Yoshino-- even though he was smiling then too, Yoshino had already let him know that she saw through him.

As for why he lies to Otogawa, this was before he moved in with Gaku when he was clearly exploring some stuff, and I thnk this is a byproduct of his masochism. Either he just doesn't care enough about Otogawa to be truthful about it or the idea of her catching him out and giving him hell is appealing. This is a facet of masochism-- being abused but also putting oneself in a situation where one could be abused. In the next chapter, it's not explicitly stated but it is implied that he sometimes does 'bad things' (like lying, choking himself, picking fights because he likes the bruising) because he's bored.

He doesnt actually seem to want attention, really, so it could also be that. When his dad said he wanted to meet Kirishima's friends, Kirishima is probably aware that he doesn't have any and doesn't want to be part of all that. Sometimes people don't like having attention drawn to them-- particular something nominally good if they don't think they deserve it.

TL;DR: He wasn't lying to Yoshino but he is lying to Otogawa.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
That felt satisfying. But is this the same incident that made his parents give him to the yakuza?

Fed-Kun's army
That felt satisfying. But is this the same incident that made his parents give him to the yakuza?

Yes. But, and I hate to be one of those โ€˜I READ THE RAWSโ€™ bitches, but his parents didnโ€™t give him to Gaku, he actually asks Gaku if he can live with him.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
LMFAO WOW HE REALLY IS NOT NORMAL

Not that I was still expecting him to have some sort of normalcy that I can comprehend lol just that I was thinking there might be some sort of trauma or hurtful between him and his parents on this incident ๐Ÿ˜‚

Uhh this was supposed to be a reply to the spoiler but I don't know how to reply properly I guess

Its a typical thing from scorpios to hide things, specially personal data and meaningful things like birthdays, from others. And not to mention feelings, that are seldom shared nor directly expressed. Then its a very consistent argument that he only tells Yoshino his real bday on a situation where he wants to share his inner world so she can know him and appreciate his sincerity. If he had told his childhood friend his bday right away it would have meant he trusted her a lot and it wasnt the case, he trusted nor relied on anyone (so sad thing, being so young). The author is skillfully showing us Kirishima character little by little to us.

As for compatibility, i dont think aries/scorpio its a bad combination. Fire/water goes better than water/water or air/water. Scorpio passion needs someone that wont chicken out and that can return something back. Earth/water goes well too i guess but wont be too much fun? ๐Ÿ˜…

Beside all that, the author said on a tweet that she had forgotten his bday but someone reminded it to her by sending her gifts for him (on behalf i guess, japanese fans xD), so we can assume she accepts nov 13 as the day.

Dex-chan lover
Man that was extremely pleasant to read.
I fucking love that dude seriously!
Thanks for the update!

Double-page supporter
Wow.. Does 300 days hold any significance in Japan or did that just seem like the right amount of time to him

Ai is like : o

Double-page supporter
puppet-awkward.gif

ok then strange child

Users who are viewing this thread