Raise wa Tanin ga Ii - Vol. 9 Ch. 37.2 - You Are Life [4]

Dex-chan lover
On another note, I’m kind of in disbelief that she said she thought her grandpa was just a Sweet old guy. Did I misunderstand something? No way she doesn't know how the Yakuza are, even if she’s sheltered. She's not stupid.
Yeah, that was a bit of a headscratcher but it makes sense in a way that she might not know everything about her grandfather or the extent of yakuza activities. Like back in Chapter 1 Kirishima told her to go back to Osaka or stay and do what other women do (work a corner, run a shop, etc.) and she was shocked, in Chapter 7 Kirishima and Tachibana basically explained to her how the organizations work, and in Chapter 24-sthg Tsubaki outed Kirishima for picking a fight with Shouma so Yoshino wouldn't notice Renji had thrashed them both. Also she only found out a few chapters ago that her dad was the victim of a politically-motivated assassination.

Yoshino's smart and she's aware that not everything about her life is safe and sane, but she doesn't actually seem to know everything about how the groups work and she definitely doesn't have a clear picture of how powerful Renji really is. That's probably intentional on his part because if she did know more, she'd probably be in even more danger. To her, Renji is just the guy who came home between business trips, slept around and fathered a bunch of kids, cracks up at parties, and can't stand still for photos.

But also as good as she is at sussing out friendlies in a pub (talking to some woman about suitcase or befriending a shop owner) she's not got a lot of experience with people in general. Like she figured out how to work Nao and Ozu, but Azami snowed her-- she took his assertion that he was a group member and his pin at face value without asking him to prove himself.

Back to her shock at being told to prostitute herself in Chapter 1: More likely she was just freaked out by his abrupt change in tone, but also he goes into detail about prostitition and it's probably not a side of the business she's familiar with and certainly never one she expected to be associated with. Like Yoshino worked at one of Renji's shops the summer before she moved-- it's how she saved money for the watch she gave Kirishima-- but it was a snack or a cafe, NOT a brothel (which is also referred to as a 'shop'). While it's implied in non-canon works that the guys in this thing think women are worth protecting but not respecting, and that Yoshino wasn't aware protection money was a thing until she arrived in Tokyo, it's also possible that Renji is the lone boss in the trio whose group doesn't rely on prostitution for income (and that's why Hishiba hired Azami to go after him).

TL;DR: Yes and no.

Dex-chan lover
Bruh i thought the song is burn dragons from the house of dragon lmao
Ahahahaha omg you're probably right! Wonder if she watches House of the Dragon. We might have to correct that.
So I assume the last plastic surgeon botched the job?
Probably more like he asked for that scar-- he basically used it to play on Yoshino's sympathies, telling her he was slashed with a knife and all but forcing her to touch him.

ETA: It could also be real since it appears on another of his personas, and other times he covers it with makeup like he did when they were in the arcade.

Dex-chan lover
with the info we just learned from this chapter, the name of the chapter takes on a new meaning (to me at least)

I'm so excited for when volumes 8 and 9 become available in print here

Fed-Kun's army
Sensei never misses. Why is this the most romantic thing I’ve read recently 😭

Double-page supporter
Ahh my parents.....they're BACK. Though i need to reread several chapters back because all this names confused me haha

I have been waiting for this chapter , thank you sooo much!
I’m really into this story ;^;

So many cute moments between them I’m in SHOCK! 😭💕
Have to say that their fist bump was my favourite😂. I love how gracefully she pulls off being a little socially/romantically inept. The way he fist pumped her back 💀.
Yoshino treats him like a bro while he has no choice but to accept whatever affection he can get is why I love their relationship.

On another note, I’m kind of in disbelief that she said she thought her grandpa was just a Sweet old guy. Did I misunderstand something? No way she doesn't know how the Yakuza are, even if she’s sheltered. She's not stupid.
She s not stupid. But i think her standart is messed up.
😌
Her granpa is sociable type while kirishima Granpa is uptight.

Dex-chan lover
Ahh my parents.....they're BACK. Though i need to reread several chapters back because all this names confused me haha
YES! The hiatus was long and vaction was fun, but we're happy to be back.

The names: Guessing you mean Azami Suo and Permed Guy's real monikers? Permed Guy made his first appearance during the Osaka arc as Azami's flunky, and stole Inamori's phone to throw Kirishima off track while Azami was kidnapping Yoshino, and in this chapter Kirishima revealed his real name (Ryuichi Minami) and Azami Suo's (Toru Sugawara). Hope that was what you were asking about and if not let me know. Might be doing another recap page in the future just to be on the safe side.

Double-page supporter
YES! The hiatus was long and vaction was fun, but we're happy to be back.

The names: Guessing you mean Azami Suo and Permed Guy's real monikers? Permed Guy made his first appearance during the Osaka arc as Azami's flunky, and stole Inamori's phone to throw Kirishima off track while Azami was kidnapping Yoshino, and in this chapter Kirishima revealed his real name (Ryuichi Minami) and Azami Suo's (Toru Sugawara). Hope that was what you were asking about and if not let me know. Might be doing another recap page in the future just to be on the safe side.
OH YEAH! there's other person who stole her phone! I only remember the mask guy who told her to jump (from 3rd?2nd? floor?) if she want to escape 😅 haha thank you for this!

Fed-Kun's army
Ahh such sweet and intimate moments between the two of them! Let's see how long it lasts...

Thanks a lot for the chapter!!!

Fed-Kun's army
That was so effing pretty my heart is exploding. I wish only happiness for them 😭

Double-page supporter
cute!!!! aaaa i love them..
also uhhhh.. that next chapter preview on twitter....

Dex-chan lover
Awww :glee::glee::glee:

Thank you so muchhhhhhhhhhhh for your awesome scanlations!

Users who are viewing this thread